Chili Pepper

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
Italy
Hi, finally yesterday morning I seminated ten plant of chili pepper...

Now I Keep the plant in my kitchen until they sproun...

finger crossed

have a good day

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I grow super hot peppers too. They like calcium and they will reward you well if you feed them with this.
Thank you Lori! A friend of my boyfriend gave him a chili pepper plant when he heard we were starting a garden. Now does my boyfriend remember the name of the type if chilis? Nope. He says they're white and supposed to be nearly one of the hottest chili peppers ever... My best guess is white habaneros? They're supposed to be difficult to grow, but fortunately the plant he have us is pretty mature and already starting to bud. I have it in a good size pot in full sun. The real question is what the heck to do with burn your face off chili peppers when neither of us care for super spicy food. o_O

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 318
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Well, if you don't like hot, then make things that you can gift. I do NOT like spicy so this is what I do.

I make hot pepper breads, hot pepper jellies, cranberry sauce with a kick of hot added, hot sauces.

If I gift them, I don't ask for my jars back. If it is a "regular" thing with a friend, I tell them "no empty container back, no refills!". I get lots of jars back.

Have fun!

Oh, and you'll know what type of pepper once it actually creates it's pod or whatever it is you call it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
20150811_135820.jpg
These are some that is I picked today.
They are, left to right, fatali gourmet jigsaw, devil's tongue, orange habanero, 7 pot yellow, chocolate scorpion. I have more varieties out there but they aren't ready to pick.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Hi, finally yesterday morning I seminated ten plant of chili pepper...

Now I Keep the plant in my kitchen until they sproun...

finger crossed

have a good day
Have you ever tried this before? Does it work? I have one tall chile plant in my patio but nothing is happening with it yet. I'm wondering if I need to help it along somehow as I've never seen any bees in my patio before. It would be great if I can do something about this lazy plant!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
View attachment 8288 These are some that is I picked today.
They are, left to right, fatali gourmet jigsaw, devil's tongue, orange habanero, 7 pot yellow, chocolate scorpion. I have more varieties out there but they aren't ready to pick.
Those are beautiful, great job! The good thing about those varieties is that you only need a little bit of the pepper to spice things up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Have you ever tried this before? Does ieither my finger tip ok? I have one tall chile plant in my patio but nothing is happening with it yet. I'm wondering if I need to help it along somehow as I've never seen any bees in my patio before. It would be great if I can do something about this lazy plant!

Yes, just tickle the blossoms one after another and that passes along the pollen. I use either my fingertip or sometimes cheat and use a small fan.. be careful, those blossoms will drop off if you frown at them!

oh, and if I use my fingers i wipe them off on my jeans in between varieties, real high tech here:D

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't grow hot peppers because I also do not like spicy food, I never thought of gifting them. I do know people that like a kick to their sauce. Next spring I will add the hot peppers to the garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I don't like spicy foods, but I want to start growing hot peppers, because they look very pretty:) It's a pity my boyfriend killed his pepper plant. It was lovely!

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I have planted some chilli pepper trees in my garden. I have never missed chilli peppers in most of the foods that I eat. Chili peppers contain numerous health benefiting compounds such as capsaicin, vitamin-C and vitamin-A. Eating peppers can also increase libido and build collagen.

Ask a Question