Are leaf blowers ban in USA?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
They do sound a bit like industrial vacuum cleaners. Not much quieter than gas powered unless you set them on low. And what's the point of that?
that would be nice to get that much power in my vacuum in my house. Guess I would lose the cat now and then though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
that would be nice to get that much power in my vacuum in my house. Guess I would lose the cat now and then though.
True story:

While mining for gold in the Yukon territory I was walking along the bottom of a creek with a 1" hydraulic jet water line and a hydraulic suction hose big enough to suck up trout. The top side guys on the mining rig float running the riffle board would get them and we ate between shifts.

The rig had a really big water pump running off a 4 cylinder air cooled VW dune buggy engine. A plenum allowing the 1 inch line to peel off for blowing gold out of cracks left the remainder to shoot down the pipe to the riffle board creating void suction down below. In retrospect water is pretty heavy so that thing was pretty much a chonk unit.

The whole house vacuums are similar design with a fan but I would want a even bigger motor. Not as big as the truck mounted one the stanley steemer guys used to remove old insulation from my attic. That thing had a bag sized where four people could stand inside. And it blew so hard the guy told me to be careful standing at the end of the bag as nails and screws often shoot through the giant paper bag.

Ask a Question