Are leaf blowers ban in USA?

Reaction score
Country
United States
As to being banned, don't listen to these people. It is different everywhere. In my town gas powered leaf blowers are BANNED! Electric ones are not. In some communities, all leaf blowers are banned. And I expect this trend to continue because when a crew shows up at your neighbor's house and uses blowers to sweep pavement, which they do, the noise is horrible. Especially if they use 2 - 4 blowers, which they do.
As to the decibel reading, 70 decibels is a violation of NJ state law which states outdoor noise can't be over 65 decibels. I would imagine the same would be true in any state that regulates noise. You can get a decibel meter for your phone that measures ambient noise.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
So again, why is a 4-yearold post coming up in a notification?
Because the subject matter is obviously still of current interest to people of course. Its always the subject matter that disappears into antiquity due to lack of interest not the date or medium upon which the message is carried. This is why we really do not spend much time debating cuniform clay tablet messages. I am suprised some people do not make the same comments about the dead sea scrolls.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Frankly, did not notice that it was an "Older Post" Of which I do not mind seeing at all. Bring on more older posts as many are still good, better than repeating, also good to see all comments on the older which probably give awesome insight to the question. Why re-invent the wheel.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Here in California, the home of record numbers of ‘Nannie’s’, gas powered leaf blowers will no longer be sold after next year. Only electric for homeowners and professional gardeners alike. Same with string trimmers, edgers, hedge trimmers, mowers and other garden equipment. We can still use the gas p ones we have, we just can’t get new ones. It’s a climate thing not a noise thing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Knowing that American gardens generally have much more ground than those in Britain, I think that is going to prove difficult for many people. Particularly with lawn mowers. Battery powered mowers still haven't developed enough to cope with heavy duty work and the batteries need re-charging after a short space of time in use. A mower with an electric cable attached would be a non starter.

The other tools, hedge trimmers etc. are available with either electric cables or batteries, but again cables aren't practical on a large plot. Batteries might work, but for those of us who are getting on in years or have disabilities like arthritis to deal with, the weight added by the batteries is not going to help at all.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Here in California, the home of record numbers of ‘Nannie’s’, gas powered leaf blowers will no longer be sold after next year. Only electric for homeowners and professional gardeners alike. Same with string trimmers, edgers, hedge trimmers, mowers and other garden equipment. We can still use the gas p ones we have, we just can’t get new ones. It’s a climate thing not a noise thing.
Lol they are about to tax the air. Those rigs run on gas which is described as a member of the group "Organic Solvents". Add some sugar. Momma will make it go away fast.

Seriously its just a tax ploy.

Same for the "required" car insurance.

Same for the "required" health insurance.

I no longer support what I feel is the violent disempowerment of the weak for economic purpose even if you screwed up and borrowed so much money your children will never be allowed to enjoy the amusement park you built upon your estate by spending their future asset value to cover your shit management skill. You took a percentage and paid for groceries. Game on.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Our leaf blower is an electric type. Thank goodness we have an outlet at the front of our house, and one on the post at the end of the driveway. and one at the back of the house. On our way down to our 2nd home soon --tomorrow--where I get to blow some pine needles, how exciting is that !!!!! LOL. They are stupid pine trees down there, if we got the money together, I'd take out a few of them, and put in some pretty conifers. And all the pine cones they drop are nuts. Yes, our landscaper comes by, but still when we are there we do some of the work. Oh, the blower we keep down there is also electric.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Yesterday I would have been banned because I decided that so many leaves had come down I needed two blowers at once. I got out the backback and one of the handhelds and was blowing with more than 1000 cfm combined in multiple directions so it did not take long at all. Next up is the mulch and sweep.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
My wife refused to use the battery powered echo I bought her. Said it had a screaming high pitch electric motor noise that she hated. Personally I think she just likes a throttle to rev up and down. She likes a big motor in the car too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
My wife refused to use the battery powered echo I bought her. Said it had a screaming high pitch electric motor noise that she hated. Personally I think she just likes a throttle to rev up and down. She likes a big motor in the car too.
I use ear protectors.

Ask a Question