Anyone Else Out There Freezing Their Behinds Off?

Reaction score
Country
United States
As the title asked are you freezing? It is very cold here in Pennsylvania today, it is a numbing -7 right now and dropping to -16 before wind chills. Why do I not live somewhere where there plenty of sun and gardening all year around? I am a total shorts, flip-flop and sunglasses kind of person. :p Anyone else out there freezing too?

Here is a funny picture I think some of you can relate to, mind you it was taken in December but it is even more true now. lol.

1471931_10152054878550169_1520800466_n.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Here in God's country it is a balmy 71F as we speak. I actually broke a sweat mulching where my tomatoes will be not even an hour ago.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Well, I can totally sympathize with those who are shivering in the cold and trying to bear the wind chill. It is 55 degrees now at NOON! Honest to Pete, will this winter never end? Will we never be thawed out? Will I never be able to harvest my broccoli and onions without putting on a jacket? We are off to till a neighbor's garden and we'll be wearing sweatshirts! Life is tough here on the tundra . . . .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Well, I can totally sympathize with those who are shivering in the cold and trying to bear the wind chill. It is 55 degrees now at NOON! Honest to Pete, will this winter never end? Will we never be thawed out? Will I never be able to harvest my broccoli and onions without putting on a jacket? We are off to till a neighbor's garden and we'll be wearing sweatshirts! Life is tough here on the tundra . . . .
:LOL::ROFLMAO::whistle:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Okay, Chuck, there is where I officially want to say door is this way:

276167_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-Get-Out_1600x1200.jpg

But seriously, I'm jealous.
I really don't see how you folks survive. I spent one winter in Minot North Dakota and volunteered for re-assignment to Viet Nam back in 1967. I surmised getting shot was better than slowly freezing to death

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Here in Michigan, our school called it off for two days now, and yes we are in the minus degree and the wind chill is just a killer too. I feel like you, and I should just live somewhere warm with plenty of sun shine!

Reaction score
I don't understand the hate for Florida. I'm in Miami, FL. It's 50 degrees. It was 40 last night, so I didn't sleep well.
My fingers are numb ,the wind cuts like a knife and my small dog is shivering.
I'm very uncomfortable and on my fourth cup of coffee.
Why would anyone envy Florida? My plants are tropical and they're all dying from the cold. Everyone on the street is bundled up.
Do you guys think that we're all wearing bikinis and sipping mai tais in 50 degree weather?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am sure that there are many people who would appreciate the 50 degree weather as opposed to the negative temperatures. That is why I would never live in the mid west...to cold for me. I am shocked that Florida is experiencing roughly the same temperatures that I am seeing up here in Washington though.

Reaction score
This wave of cold air started in the west and is rolling across the entire country. And it is nasty.

I would not even NOTICE excepting it is the end of February and so everyone out here is looking for spring! This time of year we get the odd freeze but this cold is going ON and ON and ON!

I got my seeds in the mail yesterday. I couldn't help myself: I planted 4 cabbage seeds in a small pot. Will this winter ever END?!

Reaction score
I am sure that there are many pepole who would appreciate the 50 degree weather as opposed to the negative temperatures. That is why I would never live in the mid west...to cold for me. I am shocked that Florida is experiencing roughly the same temperatures that I am seeing up here in Washington though.

We're just as surprised as you are. I'm used to walking around barefoot and wearing shorts and a t shirt. I don't even have the right clothes for this weather.
I'm wearing two sweaters right now. It's almost March. This is not normal.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Florida is normally one of those places we up here dream of as an escape from the cold weather. It reminds me of a few years ago when I went to Texas for a work event. It was freezing and raining down there and warm and sunny up here the whole time I was gone...quite depressing.

Ask a Question