5 in 1 apple trees a scam?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I bought two 5 in 1 apple tree from theusanursery.com which I now fear is just a relaunched summerstone nursery that had a horrible reputation. Seeing as how these trees are supposed to be 5 varieties from the same tree, I expected at least 5 branches grafted on to a trunk. Instead what I got was a 2.5' twig grafted on to some roots. Since it's one twig with no branches am I correct in thinking there's no way there is more than one variety of apple tree on this plant?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like they shipped the wrong one. Welcome to the forums btw :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
In case anyone was wondering, Yes they were indeed a scam. a clone of the defunct Summerstone Nursery and The USA Nursery it's self now appears to be defunct. Thankfully my order was just on the edge of my credit card's dispute window and I was able to dispute the charges and get my money back. One tree lived but I'm not convinced it's even an apple tree. I bought another 5 in 1 apple tree from Fast-growing-trees.com This one was as advertized and I plan to buy another this spring.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
So glad you got your money back. So many scam sites out there, it's a wonder anyone gets what they order!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
This is why I use PayPal when ordering on line. They are great at settling disputes. It also keeps these fly by night crooks from having your credit card information.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I actually had the opposite experience with PayPal. After hounding them for a month to try and dispute a charge from a fly by night vendor who shipped me defective product and refused to remedy the situation, I gave up on PayPal and disputed the PayPal charge with my CC company. I avoid PayPal whenever possible. I should have just went to my CC company first.

Ask a Question