Apple trees

Reaction score
Country
United States
What kinds of apple trees are you favorite?

I have one upstate but it products small (pretty tasteless) apples. Unfortunately its been there for many years so I don't know what kind of apple tree it is.
I will take a picture when I am there next time, maybe someone can help identify it! I live in the northeast so apple picking is very big in the fall.

Does anyone have any apple tree recommendations? I am looking to plant one in my yard.

Reaction score
Country
United States
My Favorite type of Apple tree is the Wealthy Apple tree. They produce the greatest testing apples ever, Always shiny red with a hint of green with a crisp refreshing taste.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I am very interested in apple trees simply because we have no apple here since Philippines is a tropical country. One time we went to Baguio City, a mountain city that is 6 hours drive from here, where there are some apple trees in a nursery orchard. Unfortunately, the trees were not fruiting at the time so all I saw were mere trees with leaves. I know that there are many types of apples and the best (according to popularity) is the red Washington apple.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My sister has a Fuji apple tree and they are so sweet, so delicious. She lives in California though and I am in Michigan. There is no place in my yard for an apple tree, but if I could, I would grow Fuji or gala apples!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks! I also really like Fiji and Gala apples. I feel like the apples I get from the orchids are so much fresher then the ones I buy for myself. I also buy apples every week so having an apple tree would really save me money over time.
I've never heard of the wealthy apple tree. I will do more research and ask the orchid owner if he is familiar with it!

However, living in the Northeast I wish I could grow apples all year long. We are limited to the fall time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
My sister has a Fuji apple tree and they are so sweet, so delicious. She lives in California though and I am in Michigan. There is no place in my yard for an apple tree, but if I could, I would grow Fuji or gala apples!

I agree with you 100% on the Fuji apples! They're probably the most prevalent and popular here in Japan (or at least the part where I'm living right now!) and I think they're so crisp and delicious! They'd be my number one choice if I had the space for a tree in my yard right now.

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I haven't seen an apple tree but would love to have one because I love apples and love making apple crumble so this would come in handy, also with the price of fruit going up it is a good idea to grow your own.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I love Golden delicious apple I planted one last year and had apples this year, it makes great apple sauce.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I have for long time differentiated apples just by their colour. I have four apple trees that produce the green type of apples but they are very sweet and juicy. My friend has the red type apple tree that he said he got from the forest. I talked to him and he agreed to do aerial grafting so that I can get some seedlings.

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I have actually not seen an apple tree and this weekend we are going to the Cape where I can hopefully get to go to one of the juice farms to see the apples because it will be a first for me!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I just recently bought property in western Colorado and I am so excited to plant some apples trees this spring. I am in zone 6B. Does anyone know what kind of apple trees would do best in zone 6B. Thanks!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
There are over 7,500 varieties of apples and some are specific to certain countries and climates. So it's best to make enquiries locally.

We have nine apple trees that produce a variety of eating and cooking apples. All of them are popular varieties over here and have been for many years. Most of our trees are over 60 years old and some of them are varieties bred at a local nursery. The local nursery opened in 1725 (closed 1987) and used to cover about 300 acres.

There's a private hospital and retired peoples homes on most of the old site. Part of the site has been retained as a community orchard that is owned by the local authority and maintained by volunteers.

One of the pears that was bred there (Conference) is my favourite pear. It was bred in 1888. My tree is about 75 years old and produces a heavy crop every year. (y)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't have an apple tree but I did have one actually several, they would be Granny Smith, Fujii or gala. I had a red apple the other day that was so sweet and juicy I was sad to see the end of the apple, I enjoyed it so much.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
My favorite apple tree is the one that grows in my parents' garden. It's very old, I used to climb it when I was a child, sit on a big branch and eat apples while reading books:)

Ask a Question