What do you see me as?

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Speaking of cookies maybe I could bring some to the next meeting:p
(y) Yay!! Cookies!! I've got a pot of coffee on...

I got some pie and some rum :)
Woo-hoo!! Now you're talkin' my language!! Everybody put down your shovels and rakes and implements of destruction, this party is heating up!! :LOL: Sir, unhand that hoe! :ROFLMAO:

PIE !!!

(Sweet Potato Pie.)
  • 3 large yams
  • 1 stick butter, melted
  • 1 cup granulated white sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup sweet condensed milk
  • 1 pie crust (homemade or store-bought)
  • Cinnamon sugar
  • Egg wash (1 egg, beaten)
1) Place yams in a large saucepan and add enough water to completely cover. Bring to a boil and cook for about an hour, or until yams are soft. Remove from water and allow to cool before peeling.

2) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

3) Add peeled yams to a large bowl and mash. Add in butter, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and lemon juice. Stir together until thoroughly combined.

4) Using a standing mixer or handheld mixer, beat yam mixture until smooth. Slowly add two eggs, condensed milk and blend those in as well.

5) Egg wash unbaked pie crust and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Carefully pour yam mixture into pie crust.

6) Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from oven and allow to cool.

http://www.cookingpanda.com/content/get-recipe-traditional-southern-sweet-potato-pie

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
2015.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I'm curious to know what you guys think of me. I have a circle of members on here and I feel like I can make out their personality, and I'm curious if you guys feel the same to me.

Am I still a newbie, or am I apart of your group? Do I have a personality or do I have a "spam bot" characteristic?

Be honest! :D
Wow what a question to ask. You said, be honest. truly do not recall your handle, so have not got a clue about you, other than you are on this form from simply seeing this thread. Perhaps I am not part of your "circle" whatever that means. Anyway, I would imagine from your question you are on the young side, not confident totally about self. And that later is not a bad thing or a good thing, its a way of personal growth. Subjectively, "what does on the young side mean", like anyone under 35 ish. Takes a long time to become self-actulizaed I am still working on it. Also have no clue what "spam bot" means.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Perhaps I am not part of your "circle" whatever that means.
I have a circle of members on here and I feel like I can make out their personality,
@Esther Knapicius - I am sure that all that is meant is that there are certain members that almost always chime in on his threads. (He considers this his "circle.") From reading our posts, he feels like he "knows" us. For what it's worth, I'd be willing to bet that without seeing pictures, if the members I "know" were all in a room, I could pick out who was who just by watching and listening. :whistle:

Welcome, Esther! Would you like a piece of pie? (y) Maybe a cup of coffee? :coffee:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
@Esther Knapicius - I am sure that all that is meant is that there are certain members that almost always chime in on his threads. (He considers this his "circle.") From reading our posts, he feels like he "knows" us. For what it's worth, I'd be willing to bet that without seeing pictures, if the members I "know" were all in a room, I could pick out who was who just by watching and listening. :whistle:

Yes. Exactly! I'm not excluding anyone from anything. I'm just saying that I feel like I know the members here on a more personal level than just online strangers.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
And my husband said I was nuts for saying the same thing the other night while reading in this forum...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
We live in the country, without close neighbors and have very little contact with folks in a nearby town. My "friends" and "acquaintances" are on gardening and cooking forums. It is about the only social contact I have. Not complaining--it's better than having neighbors wanting to borrow or use things: having emergencies that involve you baby-sitting pets, plants or (horrors!) children; and putting up with their noise, messes, and general mayhem.
So, thank you all, my gardening forum correspondents. I enjoy your posts, learn from you and, like Conure, feel like we are known to each other.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
And what is "spam bot"???

Google is your friend. ;)

lmgtfy:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spambot

Anyway yes, I like this forum because it's not super-busy and we can get a sense of other regulars. I value my IRL friends and neighbors, but also my online ones!

In fact two of my IRL close friends are people I initially met online through a dog training related Yahoo groups, about 15 years ago. That group is now defunct but these two women have become a real part of my life.

So @MaryMary is bringing sweet potato pie (yum), somebody is apparently bringing beer or rum or something :whistle:, but since @CrazyConure cannot yet legally drink,** I will bring non-alcoholic fruit punch. :)

** I was tending bar at 14 years old so who am I to talk! But I don't want to contribute to the delinquency of a minor. :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Ah Ha, I knew @CrazyConure was young by his question.

On another forum, we had a wonderful thread going, called The Pop Inn. It was a make believe BAR / INN meet up place. Only a few really attended the thread, we'd spend sometime till 3AM saying crazy things. Talking about who was making the food, serving the beer. The best part it was a mix of folks from other countries so the words used were funny to each of us. we'd tell off color jokes, or some good color jokes. share stuff. etc. But, when someone not knowing that all this was for fun would pop in, they'd get their panties in a twist. and then they yelled to the ADM, and complain. of course that ruined stuff and they closed us down. But for the most part it lasted for a while. People who did not get it should have just gone out the door of the INN and not return.

Anyway, I will bring a sponge with raspberry filling.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Ah Ha, I knew @CrazyConure was young by his question.

On another forum, we had a wonderful thread going, called The Pop Inn. It was a make believe BAR / INN meet up place. Only a few really attended the thread, we'd spend sometime till 3AM saying crazy things. Talking about who was making the food, serving the beer. The best part it was a mix of folks from other countries so the words used were funny to each of us. we'd tell off color jokes, or some good color jokes. share stuff. etc. But, when someone not knowing that all this was for fun would pop in, they'd get their panties in a twist. and then they yelled to the ADM, and complain. of course that ruined stuff and they closed us down. But for the most part it lasted for a while. People who did not get it should have just gone out the door of the INN and not return.

Anyway, I will bring a sponge with raspberry filling.

Sponge cake with raspberry filling.
/Faints with pleasure.
:)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'd be willing to bet that without seeing pictures, if the members I "know" were all in a room, I could pick out who was who just by watching and listening. :whistle:

I've identified forum members i've met in real life in minutes, quite amazing that you can spend the day like old friends even though you've only really just met :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I've identified forum members i've met in real life in minutes, quite amazing that you can spend the day like old friends even though you've only really just met :)

In 2003, about 20 of us from that dog yahoogroup arranged to spend a weekend in Columbus, Ohio. We all stayed at a dog-friendly motel close to a large dog park with a lake, so we all brought our dogs. It was just a great weekend!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobGardener

Latest Threads