What do you do to unwind?

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Wonderful work Deborahjane; thanks for posting; you've certainly got talent. (y)

Yes it is indeed sad regarding John Lennon; I was brought up in the sixties and this is my favourite period for music; Liverpool is only 66 miles distant and two hours away from us; all those years ago when a song was heard it was remembered for life? Bron and I play lots of that period music videos on our TV via YouTube and we never tire of them. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Hi,

Wonderful work Deborahjane; thanks for posting; you've certainly got talent. (y)

Yes it is indeed sad regarding John Lennon; I was brought up in the sixties and this is my favourite period for music; Liverpool is only 66 miles distant and two hours away from us; all those years ago when a song was heard it was remembered for life? Bron and I play lots of that period music videos on our TV via YouTube and we never tire of them. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

Colin, I too am a child of the 60s. When the mood strikes I put on the headphones and go to YouTube and listen to "Vietnam era music". Very nostalgic. :unsure:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I also love music. We look at music on utube a lot, usually when we come home after going out to dinner. You really can find some gems. One my husband discovered was Sister Loretta Tharpe. Real toe tapping music from the 60s I think. Incredible. :whistle::joyful::singing:

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Deborahjane; if Bron and I couldn't watch YouTube on our TV I Think I'd end up bricking our telly because of the rubbish now shown which is an insult to anyone with a grain of intelligence.

Before the government clamped down I downloaded many songs and copied them to CD which I play over and over on my mini system in the workshop; above is one such song but what makes this a bit different is that when I've heard it I can't get the tune out of my head; do you or any other member have such tunes affecting you in the same way?

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Great music alp. Love Pussycat. I mentioned Sister Loretta Tharpe, her song Tnix Train, stays in my nead. I can't walk sensibly, start strutting, side strppi6, even back stepping. Takes a long time to get anywhere :cool::whistle::LOL:. French harmonicist Rochelle Plaiss, not sure on spelling of her surname but incredible. I'll ask for some help to download a performance.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I love classical music--especially the tenor arias sung by Placido Domingo and Luciano Pavarotti. Simply can't listen to Madame Butterfly without crying . . . I also enjoy folk music--The Weavers, Peter, Paul, and Mary, and Joan Collins. Mavis Staples singing gospel and freedom songs--wonderful! I'm not sure if it's really "country music" but Willy, Chris, Waylon and Johnny are pretty enjoyable. We have CD's of all the above, and I like to play them while messing about in the kitchen. Not Madame Butterfly though, can't read the recipes through the tears!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I second Alp's request to see some of Deborahjane's drawings. Please?
I too am tone deaf, and cannot sing without offending the frogs in the pond. However, I'm a great listener!

But you wrote a funny reply:D:D (this emoji seems to be bit forced!) :LOL: .:ROFLMAO:. and that has made me laugh .. a good way to start a day, @marlingardener !

Deborahjane: You know what to do.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've never previously heard of Sister Loretta Tharpe Deborahjane. Pleased you love Pussycat though; is it still in your head if you played the video full length?

When Bron and I moved here 30 years ago NTL appeared and installed "cable" on the street which we signed up to; at that time our favourite channel was "CMT" (Country music television) we loved this and watched it all the time but then NTL started to get greedy and changed everything around putting programs into groups these groups now being charged separately for so reluctantly we decided to let CMT go because we weren't happy to now be charged separately to retain it.

Great choice Silentrunning; Moody Blues is a favourite of ours too that we play many times; this song is a classic but this video leaves a lot to be desired;

You've made me smile marlingardener; what a difference between Madame Butterfly and Puff The Magic Dragon; specially for you;

Do you like The Pogues? Bron and I watch The pogues every Christmas; Fairytale of New York featuring Kirsty MacColl? I like the singing cap in the group; the lead singer really needs to back off on his medication though? I've never been into classic music but I do enjoy listening to a nice waltz.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I can usually figure something to do with aviation. I spend a decent chunk of my time looking for local aviation events, which most recently net me a ride in a B25J Mitchell, which is where my profile picture is from. If im lucky I can score a flight with a friend or family member, I flew my first plane when I was 15 (Not solo, mind), flown a few more since then and only almost crashed once.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Visiting Russia has been on my list @Larisa . one day. the world is so beautiful. list is long.

Welcome, @Esther Knapicius ! You can start from St. Petersburg. Wonderful classical city! Come in July when it's warm. :)

33.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Welcome, @Esther Knapicius ! You can start from St. Petersburg. Wonderful classical city! Come in July when it's warm. :)

View attachment 29811
thanks, will keep that month in mind. I am aiming this year for August in Nova Scotia. Also have a free bed for me on a little island off Australia with a friend. wonder if there is a time share close to St. Petersburg? have to look that up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Hi,

Do you like The Pogues? Bron and I watch The pogues every Christmas; Fairytale of New York featuring Kirsty MacColl? I like the singing cap in the group; the lead singer really needs to back off on his medication though? I've never been into classic music but I do enjoy listening to a nice waltz.

Kind regards, Colin.

Our favorite Christmas music is Manheim Steamroller and Trans Siberian Orchestra. I also like the old favorites by Frank Sinatra and Perry Como, etc.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I visit National Trust properties and the stories these estates have to tell are just mesmerising. Last time, we went a small place where Charles II, a tall man, was hiding to avoid being captured. The properties are interesting for various reasons: architecture, drawings, gardens, history, silver porcelain and art collections .. I just love them..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam B 7

Latest Threads