What do you do to unwind?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
IMG_2786.JPG
I was wondering what everyone does for hobbies/ relaxation. This doesn't include gardening since we all do that. ;)

My best relaxation is my animals. Today I took a ride on Koda, my big boy. He is such a pleasure to ride. I just point him in the direction I want to go and he does the rest. He loves to go out since now he isn't pulling a wagon or plow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Woodworking or remodeling my house. I'm in the middle of building a doll crib for my little girl for Christmas. It's not picture worthy yet but here's a shot of the dining room remodel I did this summer.

Before
View attachment 29728

After (from the opposite angle)
View attachment 29727

Are you the cute guy in the first photo? LOL! He's a cutie. What's his name.. Is he your understudy? Teach 'em young ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I used to mess around with HTML and css and sometimes a bit of crazy bootstrap. Now, I just watched CBS Reality - to see how low human can go. Last night, I saw a documentary on Ed Gein.. in 1957 - the year I was born in.. In the doc, he had a domineering mother who refused to let him play with kids outside the house and he loved her so much that he probably killed his brother who criticised her .. Very gruesome. This is after watching Deadly Women .. and Murder on Click .. about how gay men used grindr to have casual sex and one policeman ends up by being butchered. I never knew such depravity and my mind goes, "Oh, dear! Crikey, Golly!" Quite shocking ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Are you the cute guy in the first photo? LOL! He's a cutie. What's his name.. Is he your understudy? Teach 'em young ..
Actually, that's the little girl whose getting the doll bed for Christmas. I used to be that cute too... or not. Not sure what she thinks she's doing up the ladder. Probably she saw her dad or older brother up there.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

sometime for a real treat I get blue cheese stuffed olives.

reminds me have a lot of wine to buy today and some vodka and gin.

Bron and I never ever touch alcohol Esther; (y) we don't miss it but we do spend money on our respective hobbies. Bron enjoys her crafts but if I list all my hobbies/pastimes it would be a long list indeed.

What a lovely horse your Koda is Silentrunning looking so happy in retirement; I'm not surprised you enjoy being with him and I bet you spoil him rotten. :)

Anything keeping me active and busy I regard as hobby; I even do my best sweeping up treating it as a project rather than a chore.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Bron and I never ever touch alcohol Esther; (y) we don't miss it
LOL. so funny cute.
Never got in to crafts, I don't miss it either. But the first time I used a glue gun was about 4 years ago when husband and I put together a costume for a winning result. I have made clothes before, but my time and cost wise its still cheaper to buy. I have made curtains and table clothes when looking for a specific match. Anyway, my garden is my hobby, my husbands hobby is his cars. House stuff /cleaning is a chore. Raking leaves a chore. etc. So cheers.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Well done on a good result using your glue gun Esther. (y) I agree it is cheaper to buy clothes than spend a lot of time making them; my late mother was a founder machinist at Double2 (Wakefield UK) making shirts. Bron loves her glue gun and I buy 100 glue sticks at a time through eBay. As you say though your garden is your hobby and this is why you are so knowledgeable on the subject; you are light years ahead of me with your obvious plant knowledge but I can and do learn from you as of course I learn from other members. I can understand your husband's interest in cars; I did the lot whilst I was younger starting with cycles then motorcycles and on to cars; in my early twenties I owned my own garage servicing and selling cars; I did so much work on cars I now regard then as transport but our previous Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo I thought was something rather special in Black over red and now I love our Skoda Yeti it being the Tonka Toy I always wanted. Yes raking leaves is a chore but when you consider even this most mundane task it gets you into the garden for a while and gives you exercise and fresh air whilst so many huddle indoors in front of a TV watching wall to wall sport? :)

I've been out in the garden this afternoon in wind and rain moving lots of stone and bricks etc; hardly a task to volunteer for but in a strange kind of way I enjoyed doing it regarding it more as a project with an end result than a chore.

Kind regards, Colin.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefcommander

Latest Threads