@Verdun is one year wiser!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Lucky Devil! Have a nice holiday, @Mark56 !
Thank you so much. Lots of sun today, very beautiful city walls here & architecture that you would love. Think national trust on a grand scale. Lots of lavender & oleander

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you so much. Lots of sun today, very beautiful city walls here & architecture that you would love. Think national trust on a grand scale. Lots of lavender & oleander

Oh, I must go there! National Trust on a grand scale! Must renew my passport now that my son is out of uni...

I didn't go to Wisley .. Too far and the weather hasn't been good. Have a nice holiday .. Don't forget to collect exotic seeds in a discreet way! :LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I managed to pop in on the Tuesday before last minute packing, it was worth the trip although traffic was horrendous (don't get me started on the motorway expansion plans!) but I purchased a beauty of a carypoteris 'Dark Knight' shrub, flowers August-September. The bees go wild for it. Haha! Nothing discreet about me digging seedlings from public spaces in the UK so won't stop over here ;) You can't beat the greenness of the UK. They've had 4 months without rain until yesterday, reminded me of your situation in Essex. I smiled to myself

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I managed to pop in on the Tuesday before last minute packing, it was worth the trip although traffic was horrendous (don't get me started on the motorway expansion plans!) but I purchased a beauty of a carypoteris 'Dark Knight' shrub, flowers August-September. The bees go wild for it. Haha! Nothing discreet about me digging seedlings from public spaces in the UK so won't stop over here ;) You can't beat the greenness of the UK. They've had 4 months without rain until yesterday, reminded me of your situation in Essex. I smiled to myself

Oh, no! I regret it now. All your fault. Why couldn't you say it was a waste of time, knowing I haven't been! :cry:

Ah, digging .... :eek: I wouldn't like to talk about my escapades here.. :oops:

This year, we have had a bit more rain.. so I'm a happy bunny.

By the way, bees like purple flowers. But whenever I see the phacelia, I uproot it. They go everywhere, just like the omnipresent verbena Bonariensis.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ambrose A. Dale

Latest Threads