UPCyling

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Upcycling, also known as creative reuse, is the process of transforming by-products, waste materials, useless, or unwanted products into new materials or products of better quality or for better environmental value.................That's what Wikipedia says anyway, So I Thought It maybe fun to start a Thread on the Subject to see What Upcycling Ideas you guys got or Done in your Gardens. I've Been at it for years.............Here Is my latest a Tractor Tyre Upcycled in to a Planter For my overgrown rhododendron, that was way to big & top heavy for its last pot. The great about Upcycling tyres into Planters is they Hold water in the bottom of the rim so are almost made for the job :) & your using an item that is almost impossible to get ride of in todays world. There Are mountains of them that need dealing with & they are free to a good home if you just ask (y) like I did :) .............Also you wont break a tyre unlike a pot There are loads out there so go grab em & help the planet and your purse!!!!!!!
I may paint it What do you think ?..........

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Upcycling, also known as creative reuse, is the process of transforming by-products, waste materials, useless, or unwanted products into new materials or products of better quality or for better environmental value.................That's what Wikipedia says anyway, So I Thought It maybe fun to start a Thread on the Subject to see What Upcycling Ideas you guys got or Done in your Gardens. I've Been at it for years.............Here Is my latest a Tractor Tyre Upcycled in to a Planter For my overgrown rhododendron, that was way to big & top heavy for its last pot. The great about Upcycling tyres into Planters is they Hold water in the bottom of the rim so are almost made for the job :) & your using an item that is almost impossible to get ride of in todays world. There Are mountains of them that need dealing with & they are free to a good home if you just ask (y) like I did :) .............Also you wont break a tyre unlike a pot There are loads out there so go grab em & help the planet and your purse!!!!!!! View attachment 49526I may paint it What do you think ?..........
Nooooo paint! That looks good as is!

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
@Daren repaint it black as green with clash against your plant...@zigs as no colour contrast so take no notice :facepalm:

We recycled an old candal holder for in the home and I got hubby to spray it grey with a touch of blue to make it an antique look but he's going to sort that hole that developed this year and it's on our decking now to light a candle in the summer :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Gail_68 like that Candle holder. You can still uses it to on a nice summer evening (y) ...........Looks like the Jury is out on the Tyre lol Green or black by the look of it:)...or no paint at all!!!

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Gail_68 like that Candle holder. You can still uses it to on a nice summer evening (y) ...........Looks like the Jury is out on the Tyre lol Green or black by the look of it:)...or no paint at all!!!
Daren I do use it mate (y) and the bloke I brought it off for £10 saw it and wanted it back...well you can imagine my reply :censored:…..Listen to a woman's intuition where décor is concerned...your plants green and your lawn, the tyre looks dull and needs brightening to show your plant off nice with contrast to your lawn, so go black and it will look nice...take no notice of Zigs no colour co-ordination :vomit:

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
How about converting an old no longer used Hot Tub into a fish growing aquarium?

It makes an ideal winter home for fish requiring warm waters. I've grown and overwintered tilapia and Pacu for several years....releasing the fish into outside ponds in the summer and returning them inside before water temps drop in fall. The biggest problem has been filtering the water.

Raised one Pacu to 17 pounds over three winters until it became unmanageable. Started from a two inch fish at Pet Smart.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Daren I do use it mate (y) and the bloke I brought it off for £10 saw it and wanted it back...well you can imagine my reply :censored:…..Listen to a woman's intuition where décor is concerned...your plants green and your lawn, the tyre looks dull and needs brightening to show your plant off nice with contrast to your lawn, so go black and it will look nice...take no notice of Zigs no colour co-ordination :vomit:
Black Seems to of been the Popular Choice(y) so black it is.........

I agree with an earlier poster who recommended cleaning up the tyre/painting black.
What colour are the flowers on your rhodo? Looks a healthy bush.
here is a photo of it in flower last year Arden Sage ......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rbissoon29

Latest Threads