Tu Bishvat 01-25-2024

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I like old ideas. They often bubble up as tradition, which means uncle Bob can stay asleep on the couch as it is nothing new and in fact probably the single most efficient thing he will brush up against this day.

So yet one more old culture has a nod, a holiday, some calendariffic moment that helps them come together for a time that says wherever you are, Tu Bishvat.

Today, officially, all trees are 1 year older.

It makes me smile!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't plant any trees today but I did go and look at the Oak and the Beech I planted last year. They're both still alive despite the partridges :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I didn't plant any trees today but I did go and look at the Oak and the Beech I planted last year. They're both still alive despite the partridges :)
I personally have been fighting the USDA zone religion. Turns out a 10 year old cannot speak for a 20 year old.

Maybe I should capitulate and just grow zone 7 stuff. Yet hope springs in spring as spring is full of hope for spring.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I personally have been fighting the USDA zone religion. Turns out a 10 year old cannot speak for a 20 year old.

Maybe I should capitulate and just grow zone 7 stuff. Yet hope springs in spring as spring is full of hope for spring.

This is one of my Bonsai trees...

DSC02253.JPG

This resists the reduction of psychological phenomena to a physical state and insists there is no point of contact between the extended and the unextended :)

Ask a Question