Tomato plant insects

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
Hi everyone,
I have a problem with a kind of insect that I don't know its name. I am growing tomato and the plant is currently about 20-30 centimiters. I found that there are a lot of kind of green insects that you can see in the picture.
I have already used Neem two times but the insect looks resistent to Neem. What should I do?
Thanks!

photo_2018-06-05_15-12-51.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have never seen this insect before but if you can get a spinosad based insectcide it will kill all insects and most caterpillars

Moh

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
Netherlands
I have never seen this insect before but if you can get a spinosad based insectcide it will kill all insects and most caterpillars
I'm seeing the same thing on my tomatoes :(:(:(:(. Any chance that neem would work on them?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'm seeing the same thing on my tomatoes :(:(:(:(. Any chance that neem would work on them?
The OP has used Neem twice to no avail, so I would say it doesn't work. If you can't get spinosad can you a pyrethrum product?

Moh

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
Netherlands
The OP has used Neem twice to no avail, so I would say it doesn't work. If you can't get spinosad can you a pyrethrum product?
I thought I should be more patient when applying Neem, no?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I thought I should be more patient when applying Neem, no?
If an insecticide hasn't killed the pest in 24 hours it probably isn't going to. If I knew what this insect is I could give a more definitive answer as to what to use. If you could get a much better image of the bug its possible I could identify it

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3a
Country
Canada
Not sure if this mystery was solved but looks like edema/oedema to me.

Ask a Question