Slightly slopey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there I was wondering if I could get some help I'd possible please

My back garden is currently all grass. My back garden slopes very slightly towards my property, approximately at the angle seen in the picture maybe a teeny weeny bit more
Screenshot_20230530_222150_Chrome.jpg
. If I wanted to dig the grass up and lay gravel on a weed membrane would in get issues with damp in my property or pooling water? Aby help would be helpful thank you

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's not something I would take a chance on, and not only that it would look awful. You would be a lot better off digging it over, and planting something in your garden. If not vegetables, some small trees and shrubs maybe.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's not something I would take a chance on, and not only that it would look awful. You would be a lot better off digging it over, and planting something in your garden. If not vegetables, some small trees and shrubs maybe.
It's not my intention to gravel the entire garden nor did I ask for any options on aesthetics. I it is really discourteous of you to laden someone's plans for their garden with the label awful. Particularly someone you do not know and who did not ask.

Reaction score
Country
United States
i think digging the grass up and laying the gravel on the membrane won't cause any issues with damp in your property or pooling water - in fact, it should help improve drainage in the area. Just make sure you get a weed membrane that's designed for outdoor use.

Ask a Question