Sheep have come

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Very cute, my toes are still tapping but I do hope that ditty is not in my head for too long. One of the things I really enjoy about this forum is sharing garden talk with gardeners from round the world, from large gardens to apartment gardens. All of our countries are unique and have fascinating scenery, flora and fauna. Great to hear from all of you.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Mum wasn't to keen on me taking a pic tonight :D
DSCN1256.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
We have a number of rare breeds here on the island and this is the Manx Loaghtan sheep.

152.JPG

151.JPG

This 'sculpture' of the Loaghtan stands part of the way up Snaefell mountain and looks down onto the famous motorcycle T.T. (Tourist Trophy) course. It's height is 16ft. :)
126.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
We have a number of rare breeds here on the island and this is the Manx Loaghtan sheep.

View attachment 6363

View attachment 6364

This 'sculpture' of the Loaghtan stands part of the way up Snaefell mountain and looks down onto the famous motorcycle T.T. (Tourist Trophy) course. It's height is 16ft. :)
View attachment 6365
Do you see these amazing sheep around or are sightings a bit exciting. I say that because we do see kangaroos a bit out in the country roads but it is a novelty. We have a wallaby in my garden every now and then but it's very exciting. We also have a visiting wombat but he visits on the dark so it's only in winter when it's dark quite early that I have seen him. I know he's been though as he digs holes and leaves messages on any low ledge he can find.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Do you see these amazing sheep around or are sightings a bit exciting.

Although there aren't great numbers of Loaghtan they are bred for food and the meat has a wonderful flavour. :)

This may surprise you but we also have Wallabies here. The only place in Britain where they are living wild having escaped from a wildlife park many years ago. The numbers are small and they are elusive but I was lucky to see one while driving at night a few years ago, I've lived here twenty three years.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
My gracious, and I thought that our feral emus were strange! When the emu oil market plummeted, many Texans who expected to retire on their emu fund just let the big birds go. We have emus trotting through suburbs and scaring small children.
I do hope there was no get-rich-quick scheme involving wallabies or kangaroos in Texas! But, they are much cuter than emus . . . .

Reaction score
Aww, little lams got to be some of the cutest animals ever :love::cry: If you see them again tell them I love them :D I've always wanted to pet and feed one of those little lamb, there is something about the baby of the sheep that makes the so adorable!

Ask a Question