Rethinking

Reaction score
Country
United States
Most everything in the Greenhouse now can be outside and I can basically garden outside until late November.

I'm thinking of selling so first of the year buy my seed and Pots.

Bust tail getting plants started and some in bigger Pots and Hanging Baskets.

Do cuttings and such for plants in my yard.

If I have extra use what I can and throw the rest away even though my Son will have a fit.

Take the ones I want to keep do like I have been doing bring them in and put a Grow Light over them.

Been watching on TV the guy says most people use a Greenhouse as just a Hot House. But how do you use it?

big rockpile

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
My thoughts: Your priorities are wrong. Number 1 should be quality soil building. Buying commercial soil products at retail and selling plants from that is a losing business. Make your own superior soil.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Most everything in the Greenhouse now can be outside and I can basically garden outside until late November.

I'm thinking of selling so first of the year buy my seed and Pots.

Bust tail getting plants started and some in bigger Pots and Hanging Baskets.

Do cuttings and such for plants in my yard.

If I have extra use what I can and throw the rest away even though my Son will have a fit.

Take the ones I want to keep do like I have been doing bring them in and put a Grow Light over them.

Been watching on TV the guy says most people use a Greenhouse as just a Hot House. But how do you use it?

big rockpile
We need a greenhouse (or polytunnel in my case) all year around for tomatoes, peppers, melons.

I start the season early feb planting first early potatoes. Cold hardy crops like leeks, onions etc go out in their trays as soon as they've germinated.

We have solar generators for the house and by early April there's enough excess solar to power soil warming cables in the polytunnel. We have heated beds and benches. So this allows us to get plenty of seedlings started and cared for. Enough to give loads away, and although I wouldn't sell them it has resulted in a couple of arangements ..... for example, the son-in-law of one neighbour keeps me supplied with free firewood.

Tomatoes, peppers get planted out in early May (with heating and sometimes covers). Cucumbers and melons late may. Polytunnel is packed full of them until maybe October.

Thus far, we've closed it down for the winter. But this year I'm planning on filling it with brassicas.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well gained some I now have Banana Trees, Lemmon Tree, Pineapple and Palm Tree.

I will need to go somewhere with them.

My wife and Son get some stuff going sell at Swap Meets and at the house.

I've spent about $15,000 on machines for her sewing. She is planning on making Soaps and Jellies.

big rockpile

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nndeed27

Latest Threads