reply not showing up on email

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
All of a sudden no replies are showing up on my emai. I have to come to the site to find out. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8 B 15-20 F -9.4 -6.7c
Country
United Kingdom
R U still signed in or do you sign in and out each time you visit site.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for letting me know @Chuck - sorry you're having problems with the site. I've had a look at the e-mail logs and I can't see anything that looks problematic. I've logged in to Amazon, who run our e-mail server and I've sent a test message direct to your e-mail account (bypassing the site). Has that come through ok?

You've perhaps already done this, but could you please check the Junk folder to see if the Gardening Forums e-mails have ended up in there somehow?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I have done some more reading and it looks like your e-mail provider may require DKIM enabled by our e-mail server - I've just added this now, so that may hopefully work :).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks for letting me know @Chuck - sorry you're having problems with the site. I've had a look at the e-mail logs and I can't see anything that looks problematic. I've logged in to Amazon, who run our e-mail server and I've sent a test message direct to your e-mail account (bypassing the site). Has that come through ok?

You've perhaps already done this, but could you please check the Junk folder to see if the Gardening Forums e-mails have ended up in there somehow?
Yep, it's all going into spam. How do I fix it.?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, that would explain it - glad it was a simple fix :D.

Can you please go to the junk folder and open one of the GF e-mails, then look for a "Not Spam" or "Not Junk" button. It should then know that e-mail coming from that address is not considered spam.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Ah, that would explain it - glad it was a simple fix :D.

Can you please go to the junk folder and open one of the GF e-mails, then look for a "Not Spam" or "Not Junk" button. It should then know that e-mail coming from that address is not considered spam.
I must be getting dementia in my old age. Why didn't I think of this days ago? Anyway, I did it so I guess it is a wait and see.

Ask a Question