Add Reply 40-teaspoons-of-sugar-a-day

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/healthyeating/11691125/I-ate-40-teaspoons-of-sugar-a-day.-This-is-what-happened.html
By the end of the experiment I had put on 8.5 kilograms, developed pre type 2 diabetes and heart disease risks, had an extra 10 centimetres of the dangerous visceral fat around my belly and noticed an enormous impact on my moods and cognitive functions (a topic that is increasingly being looked at in academic circles).
For 60 days I would maintain the same level of exercise that I already did and I would eat no chocolate, ice cream, soft drink or confectionery. The 40 teaspoons a day would be ‘hidden sugars’ found in foods like low fat yoghurt, cereals, muesli bars, juices, sports drinks and assorted condiments.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Many years ago, I did a speech on eating too much sugar to a small group. Besides that, Personally, over the years I have weaned my self off of sugar, things. One thing that started me right was my parents, they never bought any type of sodas. Only ginger ale was in the house, and that was if your stomach was upset. My first sip of coke was at the age of 16, found it to be horrid tasting, still cannot figure out today the love of it. Anyway, its rare bakery etc is in the house. We use very little of it. So when once a year I make the rhubarb drink, I do not chastise myself, as in most of the time sugar is not used. And I get a headache from artificial sugars. Yes, I read containers of things I purchase to make sure there are no hidden sugars. In fact I teach that to my staff.

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Wow! That's a huge challenge to take on. But I think it is not impossible to consume so much sugar except for the ones in foods.

Using myself as an example who does not consume tea or coffee and mainly on lemon and water usually finds it hard to be addicted to sugary foods.

Ask a Question