Pink Princess problems?

LJP

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi All!

Hoping some of you can help me. I ordered a Philodendron Pink Princess thinking it would be a fairly easy to care for plant. I received it and I think it is was very healthy (hoping it still is). The issue I am now having is one of the pink leaves has a brown spot. You can faintly see it in the half pink leaf in one of these photos, but it basically was a yellow mark that became brown. It looks sort of like one area that got scorched?

Our entire apartment is Southern facing windows. Our succulents and thick skinned plants are closer to the windows and on the sills and do great. I purposely put this Pink Princess about 15 feet from the window thinking it would do well in this kind of light. We have filtered light as the shades are drawn during the day, and the shades are semi see through, but wondering now if it is getting burnt?

Also repotted it to well draining soil a few days after receiving, I don't think the pot is too big for it? Have been watering with distilled water. I don't know what I am doing wrong but I desperately do not want to kill this plant! Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_1498.jpg
    IMG_1498.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_1499.jpg
    IMG_1499.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 286
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think your plant may be getting too much light. The more bright light you give it, the more pink it will develop. It needs humidity in order to keep the pink parts of the leaves from developing brown spots. Also your plant needs light, but too much bright light can cause brown, dry tips or brown patches on the leaves too.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi! I was wondering if anyone knew why the Pink princess sometimes had green leaves and sometimes red. Is it something in the soil? Or the amount of light? Or is it just the variegation aspect of the plant? Just curious...

Ask a Question