Oliver's Medical Conditions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not a fan of escargots I assume?
No, tried them but did not enjoy. I aint no delicate flower, but I am veggie, and baby slugs and caterpillars wouldn't be first choice if I were not, so salt to kill them then wash them out, but not to extremes.

PS, re 'delicate flower' I have been cleaning and dressing my wound between the district nurse's visits. The other day she told me I am the first patient she has ever known to do that, "Most don't even want to look". It's working though, daily changes rather than every third day means cleaner, dryer, and getting well on to healed, so why wouldn't I? Same with cleaning food, it's not hard, why wouldn't you?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Lol don't take it personally, I've just never seen anyone go to that extent to wash garden stuff. Obviously there are slugs crawling on it, crapping on it, all kinds of organisms living on it but people generally just rince it quick under cold water and shake it off. But there is nothing wrong with going above and beyond, it's just not something I've seen done before. I hope you don't eat at restaurants because I've worked in them and if you can't handle a slug or two you would pass out if you seen what happens to that food lol. As far as the mental picture of the rotting flesh under the bandaid, I've seen much, much..... much much much worse in my time lol. Aside from me being a slasher horror movie flick fan I've seen stuff in real life that would give you nightmares till the day you die lol. I guess I've become desensitized to that stuff because it sounds like entertainment to me.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Band aid!! They operated on my groin to get to the artery, not too bad, but it causes so much swelling in the lower leg they make two cuts either side of the shin about eight inches long and pretty deep to stop the flesh splitting. It happened back in May and I am seeing the end of the road now, it is healing. Partly it is because the blood supply isn't great there it takes so long, They had a heck of a job stopping the bleeding, I got a unit of blood and was in hospital for two weeks. They only kept me three days when I broke my leg, 48 hours when I lost my eye.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Band aid!! They operated on my groin to get to the artery, not too bad, but it causes so much swelling in the lower leg they make two cuts either side of the shin about eight inches long and pretty deep to stop the flesh splitting. It happened back in May and I am seeing the end of the road now, it is healing. Partly it is because the blood supply isn't great there it takes so long, They had a heck of a job stopping the bleeding, I got a unit of blood and was in hospital for two weeks. They only kept me three days when I broke my leg, 48 hours when I lost my eye.

Glad to hear you are healing well. I must have missed the part that you lost an eye, how did that happen?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Tripped and fell, the surgeon told me hat was normal, never any accidents with angle grinders and such. He had twice had patients who fell out of bed and caught the bedside table.

Once in a while I go out with friends and have one too many drinks, I've learned to keep that bedside tables far away from the bed lol. You should get one of those glass eyes with the happy face emoji for a pupil, I totally would lol.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hmmm... I must be stoned again because this is not the thread I remember and things I said hasn't been added lol. But in light of the situation as I said in the last thread that was erased before this one mysteriously appeared I am glad you are recovering well. I guess it's hard for me to see much as jaw dropping when there have been everything from Hitler's torture in history, war, 911, to people getting killed because of the color of their skin. If you watch enough news and read enough history little things in life like broken bones seem much more little. I've had family take their own life so when you see that with your own eyes everything else that heals becomes numb, a lost eye or scar tissue doesn't seem that bad. But it doesn't mean I don't feel bad for you, but trust me, life could be much, much worse.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, something always seem to happen in Spring just when I should be busy. Arterial clots this year, my eye lst year, dislocated shoulder the year before. It's getting progressively worse, I am going to be very careful next Spring :)
I'm sorry to hear that friend. I have been living and working with only one eye for over 33 years. It's no fun and is a hard lick. My heart goes out to you friend. It's very important to wear eyeglasses to protect your good eye now that you are visually impaired.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for that Oliver, I hoped you would understand. It may be rather off putting for our new Irish member, and a shame if he/she doesn't come back. :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmmm... I must be stoned again because this is not the thread I remember and things I said hasn't been added lol. But in light of the situation as I said in the last thread that was erased before this one mysteriously appeared I am glad you are recovering well. I guess it's hard for me to see much as jaw dropping when there have been everything from Hitler's torture in history, war, 911, to people getting killed because of the color of their skin. If you watch enough news and read enough history little things in life like broken bones seem much more little. I've had family take their own life so when you see that with your own eyes everything else that heals becomes numb, a lost eye or scar tissue doesn't seem that bad. But it doesn't mean I don't feel bad for you, but trust me, life could be much, much worse.
That is what First Responders thought about me looking at my Tents.

big rockpile

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Morethanonebridge

Latest Threads