United States
IMAG0150.JPG
IMAG0151.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Looks like mine usually did. If racoons or possums you can wrap them in chicken wire. If rats, I haven't found a way except to poison them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I think it's mice. We set traps and shaved some Irish Spring soap around the garden to try to keep them away. So disappointed....I LOVE Hubbard squash!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I think it's mice. We set traps and shaved some Irish Spring soap around the garden to try to keep them away. So disappointed....I LOVE Hubbard squash!
I really don't think it's mice. I have had the same thing happen numerous times and when mice chew on stuff they seem to leave much more even teeth marks. Get an old 2x4 board and staple sticky tape on it. You'll soon find out what it is.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I really don't think it's mice. I have had the same thing happen numerous times and when mice chew on stuff they seem to leave much more even teeth marks. Get an old 2x4 board and staple sticky tape on it. You'll soon find out what it is.
You can't really tell from the picture, but this is a 20 lb. squash and those holes go through like tunnels. The teeth marks are small and even, but they have been working on this for a long time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
You are right, Chuck, we jumped to conclusions. Last night we also caught two wood rats and three mice....it's apparently a BUFFET!!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
You are right, Chuck, we jumped to conclusions. Last night we also caught two wood rats and three mice....it's apparently a BUFFET!!!!
Did you know that rats live in colony's? Yep, it can be up into the dozens of them in one colony. I think mice live in a family structure but not sure. Anyway, I built one of the following out of 2" PVC I had laying around. Works great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rbissoon29

Latest Threads