New To Snapdragons

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new to growing flowering plants and I've just started growing snapdragons weeks ago. The babies have grown about a centimeter high from such tiny little seeds now so I'm really excited! I just have a few questions in the process:

What are the most ideal growing conditions for snapdragon seedlings? And how do I prevent them from being leggy? I've put them in a spot that gets really ample sunlight but they seem to be growing floppy and leggy.

Thanks a bunch for helping out this flowering plant newbie! :D

Reaction score
They are leggy because they are not getting consistent sun all around the plant. You don't say where you live but they would need seven or eight hours of sunlight a day.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
I'm sorry Louis but that's not true although probably recommended. They grew very well in my last garden that had coastal sandy soil. :)
Sheal, You are correct. A recommendation can be recommended. It may not always be true.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
There are some perennial Antirrhinums too. Short lived maybe, but still perennial. I have A. mollis, and A. braun-blanquettii. I did have a third one whose name escapes me at the moment. They thrive in very well drained poor soil.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
One gentleman mentioned he had only a few snapdragons last year.
Recently he informed me that he has much more snapdragons this year.
What is the cause?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobGardener

Latest Threads