Need suggestions..

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is in the corner of our fence line. I keep a bucket to dump animal or garbage. It gets very muddy when it rains and I’d like it to look a little bit nicer maybe with pea gravel or any stone.. but when it rains the water comes through this corner. What’s the best way to keep the rock or any design here from shifting or washing away?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    446.9 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    446.1 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If that was my problem, I would dig a pond for the wildlife to enjoy, and plant it up with water loving plants. Make the most of it!

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Actually I’m wrong it does kind of run off into our yard :(
Some kind of water feature is needed. So dig out a fairly large (six foot) diameter hole about two foot deep and line it with a tank liner (a tough, laminated sheet fabric). Surround the edges with rocks and put gravel on the base. Since you don't know the ultimate flow coming in from the neighbors you had best stop there and see what happens during winter. Meanwhile add water and put a couple of pots with water plants in them to keep a finished look.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey that looks awesome! Almost looks just like my corner too. This may be a great idea for our yard!
I’m going to watch that video and see what work it entails. I may just hire someone to do the digging and we can prob do the rest. This looks great. Thanks for the tip!!

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Be sure to do your homework. While small ponds do look nice, they are not without maintenance. Pumps wear out, filters get clogged, liners fail, algae is almost always a continuing problem.

For some the story is kind of like buying a nice boat...happiest day of your life the day you buy it, but surpassed only by happiest day later when you sell it.

Ask a Question