My wife's Kaffir lime tree needs help.....

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi All, Well winter is almost on us in the subtropics ...( nights - 8 - 10C / Days 22 - 24C ) , and my wife is going away for 3 days so while she is away i am going to transplant her Kaffir Lime Tree in to a Full Sun position and prune it ( I've been told not to even sneeze on it...lol ).... I would like some advise on pruning it as it appears to be bushy at the bottom, then spindly in the middle and then starts to get bushy at the top ( Not cared for and doesn't even grow lemons )....... Do you think i should chop the plant off at the top of the bushy bottom and if so will it to continue to grow taller with mass bushiness.... I can't get this wrong as she will kill me but it needs help and i want to be it's doctor ........

Attachments

• 20220424_095309.jpg
    20220424_095309.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi All, Well winter is almost on us in the subtropics ...( nights - 8 - 10C / Days 22 - 24C ) , and my wife is going away for 3 days so while she is away i am going to transplant her Kaffir Lime Tree in to a Full Sun position and prune it ( I've been told not to even sneeze on it...lol ).... I would like some advise on pruning it as it appears to be bushy at the bottom, then spindly in the middle and then starts to get bushy at the top ( Not cared for and doesn't even grow limes )....... Do you think i should chop the plant off at the top of the bushy bottom and if so will it to continue to grow taller with mass bushiness.... I can't get this wrong as she will kill me but it needs help and i want to be it's doctor ..

Ask a Question