Mosses

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Figure it out for an Android and retire comfortably.
This gets easier! :devil: I have cellphone with 3.9GB internal and a 119GB SIM for extra memory. If you have Word you can make a .pdf with any content you want. I aggregate info on Moss, or ID keys for Dawn Redwood, AHS Registered Hosta Names, my B-B-Q baste, or anything of specific nature that I might want to consult when I'm laying drunk in somebody's yard and I want to impress the squirrels with my command of all knowledge and ID what kind of acorn or Pine cone I'm laying on. I save the file in Word as a .doc file (because I can't edit a .pdf file if I want to add more data or photos later) and then save it again as a .pdf file. I can store the .pdf in my SIM memory and call it up anywhere, on the face of the Earth! If you have an IPhone you're out of luck. Herewith, reduced to a .pdf, a sample handout that may be of interest to people who are interested in collecting Moss for use in gardens or on bonsai, but don't really want a degree in bryophytology:

Attachments

• Mossification small photos.pdf
    899 KB · Views: 140
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
This gets easier! :devil: I have cellphone with 3.9GB internal and a 119GB SIM for extra memory. If you have Word you can make a .pdf with any content you want. I aggregate info on Moss, or ID keys for Dawn Redwood, AHS Registered Hosta Names, my B-B-Q baste, or anything of specific nature that I might want to consult when I'm laying drunk in somebody's yard and I want to impress the squirrels with my command of all knowledge and ID what kind of acorn or Pine cone I'm laying on. I save the file in Word as a .doc file (because I can't edit a .pdf file if I want to add more data or photos later) and then save it again as a .pdf file. I can store the .pdf in my SIM memory and call it up anywhere, on the face of the Earth! If you have an IPhone you're out of luck. Herewith, reduced to a .pdf, a sample handout that may be of interest to people who are interested in collecting Moss for use in gardens or on bonsai, but don't really want a degree in bryophytology:
I thank you for your profound timing! I was lying here on my post bbq steak couch in an absolutely wonderful ribeye afterglow - with no plans to move for the rest of the evening- and I find it somehow universally harmonious that I am thoroughly entertained by reading about moss! I feel very mossy. There is balance out there, is there not? Thank you!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I propagated some moss and put it round the pond
it was growing fine until the nesting season started and Mr Blackbird decided he wanted it lol.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I propagated some moss and put it round the pond
it was growing fine until the nesting season started and Mr Blackbird decided he wanted it lol.
:D Yep, those ruddy blackbirds are sods! They have removed all the moss around Ziggy's bonsai trees, destroyed his moss garden, and pulled out loads of bulbs from pots for me as well. Every time I sweep the paths they scatter debris all over them again.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't mind them to be honest Tets they was welcome to it, i also put the birds a plant pot full of soil in the edge of the pond to use in there nest my garden is built round wildlife.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Here is the moss around my house. Dare I ask for a proper identification in the face of my smirky commentary? I should hope so anyway...View attachment 50126

:giggle: Think you have a
Tufted Feather-moss - Scleropodium cespitans :)

They wait till autumn and then dig it all out looking for grubs too :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You mean, YOUR rocks are the right compounds for one species of moss. Steal a couple and give them a new home with about the same conditions. Or, send me the location...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
corncob

Latest Threads