Meaning of ladybugs

Reaction score
Country
Germany
What do ladybugs mean in your country? Where I come from seeing them means good luck. You can even buy them in chocolate form with a little card saying "good luck" on it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Here too it's a good luck thing. Some people think they are a sign that you'll come into money. I actually saw one last week, after not having seen any for a while - I'm yet to see any financial benefit though! ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
It makes sense that Lady Beetles would signify good fortune, because it is very fortunate to have them in our gardens. They and their larvae are like little vacuum cleaners that run around all day eating aphids and other predators (mostly sap sucking bugs) and keeping our plants and crops healthy.(y)

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Also here in Italy the ladybugs it's a good luck!!(y) I live near at the woods there are many insects;)

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
In Nigeria, ladybugs traditionally "are supposed to bring good luck and wealth, and wearing a ladybug necklace or having one land on you will give you patience, better your day and make those niggling problems go away. The same was said of illness, good weather and even how many kids you’ll have! If a ladybug with tons of spots landed on a recently married woman’s hand, the dots would indicate how many children she would have.

Caution is also required; if you kill a ladybug you may be cursed with bad luck and many other troubles!"

Ask a Question