Making neem bonsai.

Reaction score
Hello friends, lately I have been wondering if I could have a Neem tree grown in a pot?
I read a lot of good things about the medicinal qualities of the Neem leaves and I really want to have a Neem tree in my garden. Unfortunately I do not have that much place to accommodate a tree in my garden. Are there any ways to grow Neem tree in a pot?
I just know that it is possible to grow trees in plant and that technique or art is called as Bonsai. I do not know anything more than this. How about you people? Anyone know more about it? Please enlighten me on this. I really want a Neem tree in my garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I am no expert in bonsai trees and I have never tried growing neem (only recently heard of it), but I am guessing that @Gina145 or @maddie would be the ones to ask about this topic. I wouldn't mind having neem in my garden as well, since it is one of the things you can use to repel ants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
Thanks for bringing this thread to my attention Chanell. While I know a fair amount about Bonsai, I don't think I've ever seen a neem tree. It's definitely something I need to find out about for the medicinal properties, though space is a serious issue for me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I managed to find a picture of a neem bonsai, so yes, I'm pretty sure that it's possible to grow this tree in a pot. It's definitely worth a try:) It looks so lovely!
Here is the picture:

scale.php

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
You can of course make neem bonsai. The process is same. Find a neem plant, cut secondary roots, taper with iron string, and then plant on a pot. Make sure you place two big stone inside the pot. Caring for neem bonsai is same as other bonsai. However, you must be aware that the bonsai neem will not have many leaves.

Ask a Question