Making an easy garden bench.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
I found this picture of a garden/yard/patio bench, and it is such a simple idea, and would be easy for about anyone to make this. It is simply cement blocks, painted any color (or colors) you want, a few 4x4 boards put through the cement block holes, and a pretty cushion added for comfortable sitting.
The bench cold be left out year around, and have the cushion on it during the nice weather.
I just love simple ideas like this that don't take any special skills or materials to make it !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 383
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Thats basically how I plan to construct the benches in my portable greenhouse this spring.. goes up in minutes and packs away easy for winter

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Similar to what they do at lowes to display christmas trees

Reaction score
Clever idea and one that can have multiple uses and applications. Gardeners are inherently clever and creative when it comes to things like that. They could probably turn roadkill if they wanted to.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This is a really nice idea! I like it. This bench in the picture seems quite comfortable, it must be nice to sit on it. I'd choose different colors though, I'm sure that white paint and beige cushions would look lovely:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
This is a really nice idea! I like it. This bench in the picture seems quite comfortable, it must be nice to sit on it. I'd choose different colors though, I'm sure that white paint and beige cushions would look lovely:)
Claudine, those are NOT the colors that i would choose either ! But it must have pleased someone, and the nice thing is that you can pick out the cushion that you want on it, and then match up some paint that you like with it.
I am sure I would be using a cushion with a floral pattern , and then a darker color for the cement blocks, that went nice with the cushion pattern and colors.
But I think the idea is awesome, no matter what color a person decides to make it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I know, I love the idea itself too. A bench like this is really easy to make, which is great.
I must say that a cushion with a floral pattern sounds wonderful! I adore floral patterns, they always look so romantic and feminine!:love:

Reaction score
I love that, so creative. It's amazing what you can make out of hardly anything at all. A little bit of paint added to a project can make all the difference. You could even make your own pillow covers to match the look you have going on outside. We had a bench outdoors growing up, and it was a beautiful spot to sit and read.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have had that idea in my head for some time and not realize that someone has already displayed it. I will be making that bench this spring for my yard.

Reaction score
This is a really great idea! It looks so simple and it's stylish, I could absolutely see this sitting in my yard/garden area. If you were going to leave it out year round I think you could go to Lowes or Walmart and buy their replacement cushions for their patios furniture. They're normal mildew proof and they come in so many different colors and patterns.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I found this picture of a garden/yard/patio bench, and it is such a simple idea, and would be easy for about anyone to make this. It is simply cement blocks, painted any color (or colors) you want, a few 4x4 boards put through the cement block holes, and a pretty cushion added for comfortable sitting.
The bench cold be left out year around, and have the cushion on it during the nice weather.
I just love simple ideas like this that don't take any special skills or materials to make it !
You ever worked for IKEA?

Ask a Question