Lesser trefoil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why is the weed so prominent this year, in my garden/lawn but also in many of my neighbours. This is the first time I’ve seen it in 26 years at this address. Why? How. What do I do to get rid of it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums Dave :)
I have just been reading about lesser trefoil, which is supposedly much akin to the Irish shamrock. It's an annual plant, and the seed can lay dormant for many years. I can only then imagine that the present weather conditions have been just right for it recently. There is then a chance that it may well disappear without actually doing anything - hopefully.
I usually find that very regular mowing is helpful in weakening weeds in the lawn, and prefer never to use poisons that can harm helpful wildlife. Some good brisk raking might also be a good idea. I wouldn't panic too much if I were you.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks T,
I’ve dug it out and patched with reseed, hopefully it doesn’t return.
My neighbour opposite went on a fortnights holiday in June and came back to a full trefoil lawn, it spreads/creeps so quickly.

Ask a Question