June bearing or ever-bearing strawberries?

Reaction score
I've planted both, but I'm not sure which variety I like best. Any opinions?

I've just moved to a new patch of land and I have a great wide (10 feet by 4 feet) window box that I would love to plant with strawberries next year. It's right up against the house, so I'm not sure what else I could put in the box, but I do want to decide what kind of strawberries to buy. Help.

Jed

Reaction score
I've planted both, but I'm not sure which variety I like best. Any opinions?

I've just moved to a new patch of land and I have a great wide (10 feet by 4 feet) window box that I would love to plant with strawberries next year. It's right up against the house, so I'm not sure what else I could put in the box, but I do want to decide what kind of strawberries to buy. Help.

You seem to love your strawberries so much why not try the white alpine varieties.
They are something really different and very tasty. We have them growing in our hothouse. I have to be quick as my wife generally gets to them first.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineberry

images

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I love the ever bearing strawberries .I freeze some and put them in my blender and add coconut milk and it makes a great shake yummy good .

Reaction score
I would plant a variety in all that space. Some will be growing for you all season long. There is nothing like a fresh strawberry picked right from the plant. Its like it bursts in your mouth. Everything is better when you grow it your self and it gets the time it needs on the vine.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I find June-bearers best, so, although the season is shorter, we have, in my opinion, the best.
I have blackcurrants to follow on from the strawberries, cherries to follow the blackcurrants, plums to follow the cherries, apples and autumn raspberries to follow the plums.

I try to ensure a long period of a variety of fresh fruit, all at its best.

Ask a Question