How active are you?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
To be honest, I'm extremely lazy. Also, I hate being tired:p I've always been very thin, so I've never really felt the need of working out. I dance from time to time (I'm a big fan of classical ballet) and, since my miniature roses are in the attic, I have to climb the stairs often, but that's it.
However, my boyfriend is very athletic and when I see how wonderful he looks, I feel that I should be less lazy and start doing something with my body too:cry:

Reaction score
Aww, Clau! LOL, don't feel bad about that, I'm quite lazy nowadays :D If it wasn't because I have a huge motivator right now (plus my doctor wants me to exercise), I'm afraid I'd not be working out that much :p Sometimes is easier to just sit and relax, isn't it? I would do that too, but I'd feel so guilty after a bit :oops: I know because I've tried :D That guilt comes from the fact I used to be a very active person until... I got sick.

Wow really? How athletic? :eek: Is he into weight lifting or something like that? My boyfriend isn't athletic at all... he's actually very tall and skinny :D zero muscles! :p

Reaction score
Trellum - didn't think your answer was weird at all, I was more concerned from what you had said - that you felt bad, because you thought you had offended or insulted in some way and was just trying to reassure you, that you hadn't. Being blunt is fine with me also, in fact its something I prefer rather than superficial responses :)

Now that I understand your question better, then yes, although as I've already stated, my type of gardening is pretty strenuous, it wouldn't be described as a cardiovascular workout, which is why, as I already mentioned, do as they say 'cross train' by doing mountain biking 3 times a week.
I too, used to exercise a lot, 6 to 7 days a week in fact, and although for the past 5 years, now only exercise 3 times a week, my fitness level hasn't dropped significantly and is still above average for my age.

Happy and relaxed sounds good to me :)

It's ok :) I didn't take your messages or the other's wrong, but I was a bit concerned I might have really ignited a debate not really meaning it :oops: Let's move forward from this topic, so we can discuss new ones :)(y) Sometimes I have a huge trouble expressing myself in a concise and clear way (I tend to leave a lot details out). Also sometimes something sounds good or right in my head, but when I read it later I'm like... ouch :X3: I've noticed I eat a lot words :p Not entirely my fault, I swear! Is mostly because the meds I'm taking, they fog my mind a lot! Plus I've ADD (n)

6 to 7 days a week is indeed a lot (y) Was it cardio or...? I like to working out :) It gives me a mood boost most of the times :giggle:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Aww, Clau! LOL, don't feel bad about that, I'm quite lazy nowadays :D If it wasn't because I have a huge motivator right now (plus my doctor wants me to exercise), I'm afraid I'd not be working out that much :p Sometimes is easier to just sit and relax, isn't it? I would do that too, but I'd feel so guilty after a bit :oops: I know because I've tried :D That guilt comes from the fact I used to be a very active person until... I got sick.

Wow really? How athletic? :eek: Is he into weight lifting or something like that? My boyfriend isn't athletic at all... he's actually very tall and skinny :D zero muscles! :p
I feel kind of guilty for not exercising too, but I really love spoiling myself and relaxing:love:
My boyfriend had used to run in marathons, but he had to give up on it because of a leg injury. Now, he mostly works out at home. He does lift weights from time to time. He doesn't look like those too musled guys who are on steroids, but he does look very, very manly. And he can lift me up with one hand:D. I have a thing for strong men:D

Reaction score
I used to run marathons too :eek: My fat percentages were really low back then!! :p Good for a runner, but not so good for a woman in general, now I'm fuller :X3: In the sense I've more curbs (y) Running is great, it teaches you a lot discipline and endurance!!! Running is great, but I had to stop it too a few years ago, sadly. I can imagine :) It's great he's not lazy; he still makes the effort to workout at home (y) He doesn't smoke, right?

Reaction score
I don't work out at all, but I'm still healthy and thin. I'm too lazy to work out. When I did work out, all I did were sit-ups or jogged outside or on a treadmill at the gym.

Reaction score
Gratz :) I'm guessing you;re a faily young girl! When I was in my teens gainng weight was practically impoddible, then AI starte ruining got sick, gained weight because because of my harn insuline resistance and here am I! But is great you found a perfect balance (y)

Reaction score
I don't work out because I really don't have time for that. I work 8 hours a day, sometimes 16, so you can understand why I don't have the time. In my free time, meaning when I'm not at work, I do a lot of house work. Heavy house work. Right now I'm reconditioning the floor in my room and it's hard and it takes a lot of energy, I think that qualifies as working out :)

Reaction score
It can be considering as a light kind of work out ;) Specially if you do it daily. But have you considered the Jillian Michaels videos? Her workouts are just 20 minutes long!!!!! I also work a lot, but I try to do that at least 3 days a week, not easy and I wish I could just skip it, lol. Because to be honest I prefer to be workin or learning dutch.

Reaction score
This might be very off-topic, but since this is the general chat and I'm a very curious gal by nature... I know gardening doesn't really qualify as an exercise ;) So how active are you guys/gals?

By active I mean working out! I must admit the last month I wasn't active at all, it wasn't until this week that I actually started working out again :) Before that I was working out 5 days a week, but now I might be working out 3 days a week. Because I think that's a way more realistic goal.

What about you guys/gals? Do you workout? How often?
I must admit I am not very active as far as exercise goes. I just don't have the time. My husband and I walk everyday but that is really the extent of it. We are very busy and have 4 kiddos so most of our time is spent either working or taking care of them. We do enjoy our walks though. :)

Danyel :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Was windŷ yesterday so never did my daily bike ride but did walk 6miles

And was out in garden moving mŷ fuchsias as soon be time to protect them again for the winter.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Doing what is needed here on our little farm is about all this old lady can handle in the way of exercise! Actually, gardening, caring for the chickens, mowing, etc. is not only exercise for my body (which isn't going to appear on any magazine covers:eek:) but it also exercises and eases my mind. Seeing hummingbirds, toads, and feeding the chickens gives my heart ease, which is important, at least to me.
Trellum, I think you opened a very good discussion with a lot of members participating and giving their views and experiences. No harm, no foul!

Reaction score
Thank you, Marlin :) I think taking care of a farm and feeding the chicken is a nice way to stay active! It's very good for your mind and body, actually my mom is having a lot issues right now because she is totally free and not knowing what to do, she is retired and has no hobbies :( I wish she liked gardening, but she doesn't. She couldn't care less about it!

Reaction score
Was windŷ yesterday so never did my daily bike ride but did walk 6miles

And was out in garden moving mŷ fuchsias as soon be time to protect them again for the winter.

Wow 6 miles!!!!!!!!!!! Omg! I just walked 3 miles yesterday and was drenched in sweat, lol. I can't imagine what it would be like to walk 6 long miles! I hope you had fun and good look with your diagnosis :) Let me know how everything goes! I'm actually glad to see you around here participating, because that means you are feeling better :) Try to keep that up! Stay active and don't think much :)

Reaction score
I must admit I am not very active as far as exercise goes. I just don't have the time. My husband and I walk everyday but that is really the extent of it. We are very busy and have 4 kiddos so most of our time is spent either working or taking care of them. We do enjoy our walks though. :)

Danyel :)

You walk everyday? That a really amazing exercise (y) I started walking as well recently. Have you tried the ''Leslie Sansone'' videos? You can do an amazing walking workout with her videos! They do really make you sweat nicely and are great if you have injuries or can't try other workouts, yesterday I burnt 261 calories! Which is great, because I never thought you'd burn that much walking, but all her workouts equal to taking a really brisk walk! I thought they'd be too mild and boring, but they aren't :eek::eek::eek: Btw, that was just the 3 miles walk... I guess the 6 miles walk can make you burn around 500+ calories? :eek::eek:

Ask a Question