Help! Mushrooms growing with jade!

Reaction score
Country
United States
My sister gave me a jade cutting which I took home and put in potting soil (for jades) that I've used for other plants. It finally took hold but for some reason I keep having these skinny white mushrooms shooting up. Is there any way to stop the mushrooms without killing the jade?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My sister gave me a jade cutting which I took home and put in potting soil (for jades) that I've used for other plants. It finally took hold but for some reason I keep having these skinny white mushrooms shooting up. Is there any way to stop the mushrooms without killing the jade?
Why in the world would you want to kill your beneficial soil microbes. Those mushrooms are the fruiting bodies of beneficial fungi/soil microbes that are breaking down the organic matter in your soil into something your jade plant uses as nutrition. Just pick them out or knock them over if they are so unsightly.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, it's not that I want to kill them but I do pull them out each time they crop up because they're taller than the poor jade and look like they want to take over the space... So you're saying to just keep picking them out.

Ask a Question