Hello from snowy nottingham

Reaction score
Hi Guys I'm new to this site, I've been trying to find a gardening site that is a bit more sensible and where one can learn and pass on knowledge. Hopefully I will find that here. I try and bring a bit of my garden in Mexico here to the UK where I live for now and the garden is where I enjoy spending nearly every spare minute I have. I have a passion for Lillies, Bananas and Palms and almost anything tropical. My garden is my life really although at the moment I may be more correct to say my heated conservatory where I overwinter my jungle is my life until it stops snowing here. And well thats enough about me for now. Hopefully I will get to know you all and your gardens with the passage of time.

Nath

Reaction score
Hello Nath, I'm new this week too, a refugee from the RHS forum which is closing soon. I share your sentiments about finding a site where information can be passed around.

Reaction score
Hi Kaydee, nice to meet you. I have been on a few forums but have been spoiled by the UBC Gardening Botanical Forum that changed a lot of its rules and ways of doing things and ruined what was a very good site for many of its members. I've been looking for a good forum ever since. I never went on the RHS forum although i do get the RHS Garden magazine passed to me every month by a friend at work.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Nath, pleasure to have you join us :). It sounds like you've got an interesting garden - what sort of things are you growing at the moment?

Reaction score
Hi Ian

I Grow all sorts. I have Bismarkia Phoenix Cycads, Washingtonia Robusta, Filifera, Chusan Parlour, Pigmy Palms, Strelitzia Augosta, Reginae, Bouganvillea, Exótic Passifloras, Alocasia, Tree Ferns from Australia and New Zealand, Cordylines, Fig Trees, Tetrapanex, Paulownia Tormentosa, Bananas, Lillies, Bouganvillea,agapanthus just to ñame a few, Many types of succulant and cacti.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums, I'm glad you found us!

The UK climate is certainly very different from that of Mexico (especially at the moment!) - you must have a big greenhouse! It all sounds fantastic though, I'd love to see some photos if you have any.

Reaction score
Hi Becky,

I Will look out the Photos from lást summer and post them For you. I have a large colection of Lillies which are very photogenic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 376
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 385
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 435
Reaction score
Many Thanks Doc, Well we had another 6 inches of snow last night and it is still snowing! When Will I be Able to do some real gardening? Ive potted on my tomatillos which are growing Well, and my Echinacia. Oh For some Mexican warmth and sunshine!!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to Gardening Forums
welcome.gif

Reaction score
Many Thanks Zigs and thanks too Becky, I just need time to upload a few of my more exotic Lillies, I will see what folder I have tucked them away into on my laptop and post a few more pics soon.

Ask a Question