Hello from Pembrokeshire!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone. I'm Tobi and I've recently moved to Pembrokeshire in West Wales.

For the first time in my long life I have soil rather than rocks in my garden and I can actually dig it with a fork rather than having to attack it with a pickaxe! Earlier this year, I also became the tenant of an allotment, so I'm really pleased to find this forum.

Pembrokeshire has a fairly gentle climate and it's here that some of the earliest new potatoes in the UK are grown. It's well known also for early Daffodils. At the moment I'm learning about vegetable growing and preserving but there's plenty of room for flowers too.

I'm looking forward to learning lots from you all and I hope I'll be able to contribute to the forum too!

Reaction score
Hi there,Tobi :) Welcome to the forum! What a great new adventure you have in your hands, it sounds like you are really excited about it! Don't worry, here you will find all the help you might need ;) Just ask and we will do the best we can to help you out :) We have a lot new gardeners as well as some really seasoned ones.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Tobi. :) Digging your new garden with a spade must be a lovely experience for you. Enjoy yourself and everyone here will help you out along the way. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for the welcome Folks. Sheal, I cannot tell you what a joy it is to have the spade go into the earth without the juddering crash as it hits rocks below the surface!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13B in the summer higher.
Country
Puerto Rico
Welcome to the site Tobi! I'm so happy for your good fortune. I'm new at this site too, and I've learned a lot from this great group in the short time I've been here. It truly is an amazing site. Hope to see you around and may your fruits and veggies grow and prosper. :D

Ask a Question