Groundhog

Reaction score
Country
United States
Did the groundhog really see his shadow? Does this mean I will have to wait through 6 more weeks of winter? I am ready to start gardening.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Unfortunately he did see his shadow. But, we will just see if he is right or not. Mother nature just might be on the gardener side this year!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yes, we have another 6 weeks of this garbage weather. Has anyone else been sleeping more just to make the days go by quicker?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I fear we're going to have more than six weeks of snow here, as we just got dumped on (3 feet in one night , had one foot the previous week/month) and now we're just getting our winter weather. For a majority of the time, in this winter, December was green around here, which is very very odd.

Since we've gotten a slew of snow since then, I doubt the six weeks is only six weeks. It's most like switch weeks to months and switch six to three or four. Three or four months. I'd be pleasantly happy if it goes away before then. (May, that is.)

Reaction score
Yes, we have another 6 weeks of this garbage weather. Has anyone else been sleeping more just to make the days go by quicker?

I do! I have been sleeping too good and too early, hehehe, which doesn't really help me make the days shorter, but at least I can finish all my chores earlier =D I can't wait to start gardening as well, but for me will be until the next year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
The snows came late this year around these parts so I hope it's just a fluke. If not then 6 more weeks is gonna be a killer on the mood haha. I want warmer weather to come back.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Its even worse since the kids now have cabin fever very badly. During the warmer months I take them to the park or some sort of nature walk, but that is not going to happen for a while now. They complain if we go somewhere and it is too cold outside.

Reaction score
Country
United States
They complain if we go somewhere and it is too cold outside.

Bundle them up in warm clothes. Throw them out into your yard (assuming you have one) if it's full of snow. They're kids, they'll improvise. They'll get cold an hour after so make them hot cocoa or something warm and yank them back in. You can still get some rest! Good parenting 101, make sure they get used to what they hate.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Bundle them up in warm clothes. Throw them out into your yard (assuming you have one) if it's full of snow. They're kids, they'll improvise. They'll get cold an hour after so make them hot cocoa or something warm and yank them back in. You can still get some rest! Good parenting 101, make sure they get used to what they hate.
Yes, my mother did the same thing. Her motto was, "As long as it's not lightning, the kids are outside". We actually enjoyed it once we got outside and started playing. However, she then had to deal with all the wet, dripping clothes when we came inside, as we rolled around in the snow and would get covered in snow, ice and dirt. I'm not sure which is worse - dealing with kids or the mess they make.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
That is the reason why I dislike snow haha. Unlike rain where things just simply wash off and you're left with just wetness, snow has the lovely property of picking stuff up and once it melts, the stuff it picked up starts to dribble everywhere. Not to mention, snow gets into everything.

Ask a Question