Gertie

A

arbuthnot

Normally known as Gertrude Jekyll rose. I think it's possibly my favourite though the climbing Lady of Shalott runs a close second for it's proliferation. Gertie edited.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
I like the Gertrude Jekyll rose. The ruffled petals remind me of a peony.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gertrude Jekyll looks very impressive. Thanks for the photograph. I was curious how many hours of sunlight this rose in its place was subjected to. I'm thinking of having it as a rose to climb and plant it where I get approx—five hours of regular clear sunshine. I look forward to reacting to your response.

A

arbuthnot

Gertrude Jekyll looks very impressive. Thanks for the photograph. I was curious how many hours of sunlight this rose in its place was subjected to. I'm thinking of having it as a rose to climb and plant it where I get approx—five hours of regular clear sunshine. I look forward to reacting to your response.
Gertie is supposed to be ok in either full sun or semi shade so yours will do well with 5 hours. I have two of them, one which is a climber, faces north and only gets minimal sunshine and a bush version which gets sun for nearly half the day. They were only planted last year but both bloomed so I’m hoping this year they will be magnificent. The scent is beautiful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobGardener

Latest Threads