Gentlemen's Attire

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
hmmm, interesting. It looks like it would take adjusting all through the day.

When I saw the title "Gentlemen's Attire",....I was thinking more then just a knot. So I will expand on a man's attire. If I had more leisure time and money I know how I would dress. A few years back flipping through the channels I came across a British detective series called George Gently. Who ever did wardrobe for the show did one heck of a job dressing the man, leisure and formal. I hunted down the series just to see if it held through the show,....and the show is a good detective show.
The opening credits shows multiple situations in different attire.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
hmmm, interesting. It looks like it would take adjusting all through the day.

When I saw the title "Gentlemen's Attire",....I was thinking more then just a knot. So I will expand on a man's attire. If I had more leisure time and money I know how I would dress. A few years back flipping through the channels I came across a British detective series called George Gently. Who ever did wardrobe for the show did one heck of a job dressing the man, leisure and formal. I hunted down the series just to see if it held through the show,....and the show is a good detective show.
The opening credits shows multiple situations in different attire.

For some of us Brits, Martin Shaw the lead actor's attempt at a North-Eastern England accent was rather amusing.
Very difficult for him to get away from his normal voice as used in his many episodes of "Judge John Deed," for which he is far better known.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
When I retired, I took six quite decent suits and a dozen ties down to the charity shop, leaving myself with one suit for funerals and another for weddings. I've six ties. I do have a nice sports jacket and several pairs of casual trousers.
The last time I wore a suit and tie, was to a funeral.

Times change. For our Christmas lunch at my golf club, we always used to bring a jacket and tie with us when we arrived to play gof before lunch. But not any more. It's just "smart casual."
Now jeans have been allowed to be worn in the clubhouse for the last few years. Mind you the women were always allowed to wear jeans, "there's different rules for them."

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amelia2322