Garden Blasphemy or Sensible Solution

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It`s as if the area has a problem with the soil or sub soil there then. I wonder if a test of some kind can be done? I seem to remember another thread about certain areas in USA where there was trouble in this respect and some kind of poison in the earth. Maybe @Chuck would know/remember ??

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Chuck, I wanted to ask about the ground possibly being poisoned. Can you remember another thread that mentioned getting the soil tested? I seem to remember that it was a possibility there?

I just found this link - it`s probably what I tried to remember... https://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-ln-exide-what-we-know-20170806-htmlstory.html
The only thing I remember about poisoned soil was when I was speaking of Medina Inc and how they clean up toxic soils with molasses being a big part of that process. I wonder if weeds will grow in this area. If so, I doubt the soil is poisoned. A comprehensive soil test would answer many questions

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah Mike, those folk in the US of A can be a bit difficult for the likes of me to understand. They have a different language for starters :rolleyes:
Look at Ricky`s posts for example. Ricky calls turf ''sod'' - when I say sod, it means ''oh dear I just stubbed my toe'' - or words to that effect :devil: The turf that Ricky speaks of is plastic rubbish, not proper grassy turf as we know it... and it just doesn`t stop there - my garden at the moment has b****y partridges and rabbits chewing everything up. In America they have things called "critters and varmits"
SO there is a lot to understand, and allowances to be made. We don`t always have the same plants either, and that is a good reason to use Latin names as much as possible, so we can all have some clue as to what we`re talking about :geek:
I do hope I haven't offended anyone by my comment. Now close to 82, I am still eager to learn. OK, I can cope with the difference in our languages. What I would like to see, is more information about individuals location etc. Yes we have geographical references but for example. Member Joe Bloggs. Location Nevada USA. For me. Nevada suggests a desert area, yet there are fertile areas etc. So how do gardeners fare?

Tetters. What's on the menue for Sunday's dinner. Rabbit or partridge?

Ask a Question