Energy Suppliers

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
We were with Together Energy, which was taken over by British Gas at the end of January.

Shortly before they closed they hiked my monthly payments by £60. They took the first of these increased payments out of my bank account on 19th January, shortly before they ceased trading.

I've heard from British Gas.
They've e-mailed me of the tariff I will be on, it's called "Welcome Together." (Nice touch!)
They've also told me how much they anticipate I'll be paying a year.

Now I don't know if this is a "wet your finger and put it up in the air" calculation, a sort of blanket estimate for all Together Energy's customers, or if they have access to their records.

But anyway, the estimate is about the same as I was paying, before T E hiked it up by sixty quid.

They say I'll get a final bill from T E, but as I was around £300 in credit, the balance will get transferred to my B G account. There was no mention of "Economy Seven" which I was on for electricity with T E, so either, they don't do it (Together Energy said they weren't taking new customers on it) or the figure they gave me might just be an estimate.

I'm hoping I won't have to have a smart meter, as there's more rumours on the internet that eventually we'll be paying more for peak hours energy consumption. They can't do this without one.

Ask a Question