Cooling?

Reaction score
Country
United States
How do you keep a Greenhouse cool in 100F heat?

Got Shade Cloth and Exhaust Fan.

400 sq.ft.

big rockpile

20230603_102308.jpg

Reaction score
Country
France
And you've got the door closed ?
No sign of side window openings ?
Or just above the ground air vents ?
I myself use a thing called cool glass, it' comes in a glass jar (but you can buy it in larger cans) and it is a paint on liquid that dries white and helps stop the sun light entering the green house,
The old way of making your own cool glass is very simple, it is a mixture of powdered Lime and cold water and then paint it on the "OUTSIDE" of the glass, it dries like white wash, and is resistant to rain, when you want to remove it use a "DRY cloth" And then wash the greenhouse glass with a hose pipe and long handle Brush,
these tips will help reduce the inside heat but you still need to watch what your trying to grow in such temperature as 100dg another thing i do when the green house is getting to hot is use the timer mist spray for short burst.

Reaction score
Country
France
I have the Screen open on the door and all the windows are open.

I don't know if I can paint anything on it because I'm renting it.

big rockpile
Your renting it for your use and after use just wash it off and the glass will be as good as when you started to rent,
A plus here i failed to say, if you make your own lime shade and the green house frame is wood ? Bugs will not go near the greenhouse wooded area,
You can also use the Lime wash in the early spring on your fruit trees to kill the climbing bugs that infect the fruit,
"But do this Lime Wash on the trees early rather than Late in the month,
TIP,
I spray the apple/Pear about 6 feet up from the ground and all around the tree's Bark and then spray around the soil base area about 3 feet, this kills any crawling/climbing bugs heading towards the tree,

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wife says I couldn't do it.

big rockpile
Join the club, not that it always stops me, but sometimes she is dead right. I was thinking 'I'll take out that snapped off fence post, dig it out, take the concrete yard back a bit, put in a spur and replace it all. No I won't, I already have more than enough to do.

Ask a Question