Congratulations to @Sheal - A new HOME OWNER with a GARDEN!

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
CONGRATULATIONS, SHEAL!!! (y) :D Beautiful views!

Have you made any "I know what's going there..." decisions yet? :) :LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you again everyone, your kind comments are much appreciated. :)

Have you made any "I know what's going there..." decisions yet?

No, not yet @MaryMary. The question at the moment is what's going. :) A couple of trees will be removed and others tidied up. I will be making alterations to both ends of the drive at some point and the bamboo, next to the oil tank in the last picture will be dug out. In amongst the bamboo is a stunted lilac and a couple of other plants. Why they were planted like that I haven't a clue. :rolleyes: I'm not sure yet whether I will re-plant the bamboo, I'm not keen on them.

mg guy

lawn and garden freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thank you Alp! :)

I moved 300 miles north to the Highlands of Scotland a year ago and rented a property without a garden for that time while looking to buy my new home. After a slow search I moved into my new home just two weeks ago and at the moment it still feels like a dream come true!

Pictures to follow, but for my own internet privacy there are no full shots of my bungalow. The gardens, with the exception of the trees are pretty much a blank canvass, so from a garden-less person untiI now - I have some work to do starting with some alterations around the drive area.

The back garden facing south-east.
View attachment 28297

View attachment 28302

The view at the back. I'm looking forward to seeing the trees in autumn colour.
View attachment 28298

View attachment 28299

Front garden.
View attachment 28301
Stunning canvas to work with!
(you may have Hobbits living close by!)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Please keep us posted as to your progress and improvements!! :) Someday I will buy my own house, for now I have to live vicariously through others. (Sigh.)

I'm not sure yet whether I will re-plant the bamboo, I'm not keen on them.

That's the joy of it being yours!! :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Stunning canvas to work with!

Thank you @mg guy. It will be, but living this far north I will have to work with and around the weather.

I'm not so sure about the Hobbits, if they are here they've been very elusive until now. :D

Someday I will buy my own house, for now I have to live vicariously through others.

I quote.....'everything comes to he who waits' @MaryMary. Your time will come eventually. :) I'm at retirement age and only just fulfilled this dream to live in the Highlands of Scotland.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Sheal Do you have neighbours there please? Are they within walking distance. I hope you keep dogs to keep company and keep safe. I have never been to Scotland. The furthest I went to is Yorkshire and I really like it there. A very memorable holiday ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for your concern @alp. :) My immediate neighbours live just next door but they are retired too and there are others at shouting distance. No dogs but I do have a husband and a damn good police truncheon care of my late father-in-law. :D The Highlands are one of the safest places to live in Britain. Like yourself I'm an Essex girl and was reared with four males in my family, that, even at my age gives me an advantage, I'm no shrinking violet. ;)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Well, you're quite safe... I don't keep dogs but I don't know how remote your new manor is. Now that I know you're in good company and neighbours within shouting distance. That's really HEAVENS on earth, Sheal! I'm so happy for you.. Hope putting your stamp on your blank canvas and enjoy your retirement ..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amelia2322

Latest Threads