Congratulations to @Sheal - A new HOME OWNER with a GARDEN!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
clear.png
Many, many congratulations to you, @Sheal !
A Home Owner with a garden!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you Alp! :)

I moved 300 miles north to the Highlands of Scotland a year ago and rented a property without a garden for that time while looking to buy my new home. After a slow search I moved into my new home just two weeks ago and at the moment it still feels like a dream come true!

Pictures to follow, but for my own internet privacy there are no full shots of my bungalow. The gardens, with the exception of the trees are pretty much a blank canvass, so from a garden-less person untiI now - I have some work to do starting with some alterations around the drive area.

The back garden facing south-east.
125.JPG

131.JPG

The view at the back. I'm looking forward to seeing the trees in autumn colour.
126.JPG

127.JPG

Front garden.
135.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you Chuck and Verdun. :)

If only the weather would cheer up! I need to give my new mower it's first trip around the lawns. :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Your wait was worth it--that's a lovely spot! Please keep us posted with your improvements, and photos of your new gardens. Congratulations on coming home!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, very nice.. Where were you before please, if you don't mind my asking. 300 miles ?? Lovely views. If it doesn't snow in winter so badly, I would love to live next to you.. Look at the views .. all those trees and fresh air .. You can relax in your back garden.. Bliss!

A place to call home, Sheal!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks again Alp. :)

I was born and reared in Essex but before moving here to Scotland I lived on the Isle of Man for 24 years. The island is 300 miles north of Essex and 300 miles south of the Highlands.

With climate change there's very little snow here now apart from on the really high ground. There's also no midges to worry about on the eastern side of Scotland, probably because it's dryer than the west coast.

I'm now living my dream, I love Scotland and it's history. You too could make it happen. :)

I don't think the view will ever cease to amaze me. I sit on the back doorstep now and again and just take it all in.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, crumbs, Essex?? Huh!? I had to google where Isle of Man is.. No midges.. Amazing..

You've chosen the right spot then! So nice to see trees and views far away. Here, we have nothing but exhaust fumes. I literally can't open the west facing window because of the exhaust fumes and all the cars go up to the little shop and tankers to the petrol station up the road. Then there are long vehicles delivering to T, A, and Co... Not to mention the lab next door.. I so envy you.

The aspect of your garden is so useful as well. So happy for you for living your dream, Sheal!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dundhimachine

Latest Threads