Chenille

j.w

Reaction score
Pretty pup and I think my friend just got a dog like that one. She said it was an English Setter w/ brown ears and spots on him. They have him for a 2 wk trial period to see if he will be good w/ them. I haven't seen him yet but I'm thinking he prolly looks somewhat like Molly.

Reaction score
Molly is a great dog, FULL of energy. English Setters love to run, run, and run, eat, then run and run some more. Molly has not been an easy dog to keep. We got her from the hunter that raised them. She is 2 years old and small for her breed. We took her to our vet for her shots and blood tests, only to find out she had heart worms. We started her on heartworm preventative and 6 weeks of antibiotics. Our free dog was getting expensive. She was turning out to have more energy than us and our other two dogs wanted nothing to do with her. We tried to give her away, no one wanted her. Over a month ago we got her spayed and ran another heart worm test to double check. This test came back negative for heart worms. The people there said she may have had one female worm that has now died. The female worm hormone gives the positive test. So everything seemed to be getting better. Than 3 weeks ago Molly has a seizure. Rushed her to the vet and had more tests run. They found nothing abnormal. She has had two other seizures that we know of and maybe 2 others before the first one we saw. She is now a very expensive dog. Molly has not had a seizure in over a week so I am not putting her on seizure medication unless I see them happen more frequent. She didn't have them the first 2 months we had her so I am going to wait and see what happens next.

Reaction score
I hope she stays seizure free. She sure has had her problems. So glad you kept her, she is beautiful. I got a puppy from the dog pound years ago, paid $8 for her, she ended up being very expensive also, she had Parvo. Had her for around 13 years, she was the best dog. Good luck with Molly.

j.w

Reaction score
Sometimes those things happen w/ dogs and guess they are susceptible to all kinds of things just like we are. I pray she gets well and lives a long happy life w/ you. Glad she has a nice home w/ you and not somebody who would just toss her away.

Reaction score
We have a springer spaniel, not the same but similar. She is now 7 years old. She has had sezures too, just a handful of times throughout her life, but it has never been a concern to the vet. Maybe that is the case with your dog too. As for energy, Sadie would run all day, if my hubby is home, but when he isn't she just mopes around. But he shoots a tennis ball with his hockey stick to run her over and over. It's her favorite thing in the world and hardly any energy for him....LOL!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
My harley never had seizures until I moved here and started her on heart worm .In NJ I never had my dogs on it because they were contained in a fenced in back yard and not around other dogs .I always watched them closely in the back yard ,most times they would go out to the bathroom and then lay on the deck .Since i lived so close to work I could come home and leave them out as it took me 5 minutes and thats if I had to stop for the light .I lived right across the street from work .

Reaction score
Heart worms come from mosquitoes and not so much other dogs like distemper does. Molly has not had a seizure for 3-4 weeks now and I hope she does not get any more. I am giving her the heart worm pill today so I will see if she has seizures. It her problem is related to the medication I will find out.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
thats the reason I started my dog on heart worm 6 months before I moved here .More bugs with warmer weather and did not want to take the chance .Lots more ponds here that are not maintained and with cows and horses all over you never know .I lived close to the city in Edison NJ and we did not see many mosguitoes or biting bugs like that .

Reaction score
Country
United States
The Chenille Plant (Acalypha hispida), in the Spurge Family (Euphorbiaceae), is native to the Bismarck Archipelago near New Guinea, but is now grown worldwide, either as a perennial garden plant in tropical areas or as a houseplant or summer annual in temperate climes.
The plants are dioecious with male and female flowers produced on separate plants. Sometime male plants are grown from cuttings as the male flowers are considered showier. It is interesting to know that seeds of Chenille Plant can self-sow and survive the winter in colder regions and then germinate the following Spring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alba

Latest Threads