Belfast/Butler sink waterfall project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive just popped out to check up on the pond and this little fellow is in it :)

Ive not had any spawn since installing the pond only what i introduced last year a bit of a mistake doing so for more than one reason one most of the tadpoles went through the pump and was killed two i introduced chick weed and three Mr Blackbird enjoyed eating them,

I wont be putting any more in but if they breed i will have to sort something out with the pump i can net the pond to prevent the birds eating them,

Ive created this little area for drinking and bathing i will create another area in the sink above.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The frog is back tonight i think hes made my pond home :)

Ive divided a grass growing in the pond and put it in one of the sinks the water is gradually clearing ive also created another bathing/drinking area in the other large sink.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
He's a real cutie-pie!
I notice you have fish in there too - just letting you know (although I think you do already) fish eat frog spawn. Not a big issue, it's one of the reasons frogs lay so much of it.
You have a great little wildlife pond going on there.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
He's a real cutie-pie!
I notice you have fish in there too - just letting you know (although I think you do already) fish eat frog spawn. Not a big issue, it's one of the reasons frogs lay so much of it.
You have a great little wildlife pond going on there.

Yes hes a nice little frog Mr Blackbird was the worst he ate the tadpoles i do know fish eat frog spawn ive spent all my life in and around wildlife and gained a far amount of knowledge over the years but thank you for the heads up :) the fish are only small and would probably struggle to eat any spawn, if i am lucky to get some Mr blackbird and the pump is my main concern i will sort something out if and when the time comes,

The water has cleared now but need to clean the pond out so its going to get messed up again, i have four fish in the pond here is three of them.

I think my snails are getting a calcium issue or the water has a low PH the older ones are turning white i will have to pick a test kit up, i lost nearly all the water a few months ago and had to top back up with tap water may be that caused the issue, the waterfall froze and directed the water out of the pond lesson learned don't use the pump in cold weather.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kasia

Latest Threads