Becky's Absence

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Becky, it is good to hear from you, and glad that you are getting closer to a diagnosis. Not knowing what it is can be almost as bad as the pain, I think. :cautious:

I've got my fingers crossed for you, too, and we all miss you, much!

Get well soon!! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Just thought I'd drop by and say hi! Hope you're all doing well. Can't believe we're nearly in October, I seem to have spent most of 2017 lying on this sofa! I took up crochet recently as a way to pass the time - it's simple enough for me to concentrate on and I can do it lying down. A friend has lent me a book on crochet flowers and vegetables which I'm looking forward to trying! Might be a bit too complicated for me, but we'll see.

Best wishes to everyone! (y)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
My Grandmother did Crochet for a living, way back in the late 1800's. She made the most fantastic things. We still have some of them. One she made was a scene of mice running along. The piece lived on top of the piano. Glad you have found something creative to do.
Having spent some time unable to move far from the sofa a few years back (because of my back!) I know how frustrating it can be.
Hope you are back in action soon.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Becky, so good to hear from you! Of course, as you can tell from this thread, no one has been thinking of you and wishing you well ;);).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to hear you're still laid up Becky but it's good to hear from you. :) Crochet? I can sew, knit and create bobbin lace but have never managed to get the knack of crochet, even with past lessons from a Great Aunt who produced some lovely pieces. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I am missing you @Becky and hope all is going well.
Girl and butterfly.gif

.jpg

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've pass on all your lovely messages to Becky and she is very grateful :D.

She's got an important scan today, so keep your fingers crossed (y). If this comes back with some results, we may finally make some progress to a diagnosis!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Best wishes ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone! Hope you're all doing well, and I hope you had a good time over Christmas / NY :)

Thought I'd pop in to give you a bit of an update. I was finally diagnosed with a spinal fluid leak at the end of November, and the neurologist referred me for a blood patch (it's where they inject sterile blood into your back so that it clots and blocks up the leak). This was all well and good, but the anaesthetist didn't agree with the diagnosis and so was hesitant to perform the procedure. He delayed things for a while, but agreed to go ahead in the end. I didn't have high hopes but from what we'd been told it was a useful diagnostic tool whatever happened.

I had the blood patch yesterday, and when they injected the blood it was like a whoosh of clarity! Part of my problems has been poor concentration, so to actually feel like I'm on the ball is a nice improvement. I've still got a headache, but given my problems have been going on for so long it might take a few days to notice any improvement on that front. The effects may only be temporary too, but the fact I've seen some positive changes is good.

For the time being I need to take it really easy so that the clot can stay where it's meant to be, but I can start trying to gradually increase my activity levels after that. Fingers crossed it goes well!

How are you all doing? I can't wait to be back on here properly! :D

Ask a Question