Anyone Else Out There Freezing Their Behinds Off?

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think it is about 10 degrees out. It has been 30 degrees below normal all week. I shiver just to think about what the heating bill is going to look like next month.

The temp is expected to go down more with this next blast of cold air and snow.

It can stop right now and I would not complain.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I don't understand the hate for Florida. I'm in Miami, FL. It's 50 degrees. It was 40 last night, so I didn't sleep well.
My fingers are numb ,the wind cuts like a knife and my small dog is shivering.
I'm very uncomfortable and on my fourth cup of coffee.
Why would anyone envy Florida? My plants are tropical and they're all dying from the cold. Everyone on the street is bundled up.
Do you guys think that we're all wearing bikinis and sipping mai tais in 50 degree weather?

Nope, but us northern folk would be! :whistle: That's 50° F warmer than here right now. :)

Reaction score
I concur. These negatives are ridiculous. It's so cold even the snowmen say "SCREW IT" and walk off.. for warmer pastures:

7dcee624f94b91ec130ce72736f845a4.jpg

I'm on my way toooooo:

snowman-hitchhiking-florida.jpg

But yeah, it's cold. Too cold. I wish Spring would get here =/

Edit: HE Made it!

ss-snowman1024.jpg

Hahaha! The first and last pics are so hilarious! Took me a bit to realize the last one was taken in a beach, because all I could see was the sand man, but thought it was snow the first few seconds :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
ROFLOL @ @Chuck and @Shimus.

To paraphrase a phrase, cold is cold to the person catching it. I do not like to be cold. I don't care what the thermostat says, if my fingers, face, and or toes are numb or otherwise suffering, it's too d@#* cold. I had to go to work this week before the sun came up with temperatures in the upper 30s. Factor in the wind and you'll understand the misery as I am not used to that where I live.

Reaction score
ROFLOL @ @Chuck and @Shimus.

To paraphrase a phrase, cold is cold to the person catching it. I do not like to be cold. I don't care what the thermostat says, if my fingers, face, and or toes are numb or otherwise suffering, it's too d@#* cold. I had to go to work this week before the sun came up with temperatures in the upper 30s. Factor in the wind and you'll understand the misery as I am not used to that where I live.
Right, cold is cold. Who cares if some places are colder than others? We're all uncomfortable and suffering. No one should hate anyone. There's nothing to envy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Envying Seattle atm. Buried under 6" of snow now.

Reaction score
Those of us who live where cold winters are common have warmer coats in the stores than folks in the tropics do. That means that when the temps are 20 degrees colder than usual, the entire COUNTRY shivers!

We are a relatively mild 35 degrees F at the moment, but another cold front is headed our way and tomorrow I will be shivering again, along with everybody else in the northern 2/3 of the USA!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Right, cold is cold. Who cares if some places are colder than others? We're all uncomfortable and suffering. No one should hate anyone. There's nothing to envy.

I can agree cold is cold, but people who have 50's or about make me envious. -33 two days ago, -16 yesterday and today it is 28 and snowing like cats and dogs out there. I think if it were 50 or above I might break out the shorts & flip-flops. :sneaky:
@Shimus those snowman pictures made me laugh so hard I sent them to my family and posted em on Facebook. lol.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Cold is cold for sure. I wish it was 30degrees here, it is 12 degrees there is a sheet of ice on the street, we have not gone to church for the second sunday in a row the weather has been so bad.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It was so cold we had a water pipe burst and flood the underneath of our apartment complex. Luckily we're on the top so the bottom people suffered (lol, I'm mean for thinkin' that ...heh)

Too. Cold. I think I saw a frozen man.

frozen_medium.jpg

Ask a Question