Am I the youngest??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I read that someone recently said about the idea of calling an age, 'level' instead of age. I thought that was a great idea, especially when some older folk were put down by the younger ones for being old cronies'. Instead of that though, you seem to wonder if you are the youngest amongst the oldies and interested in something too old for you. I'm level 52, and soon I'll be going up to level 53 this month. It really dosent matter what level you are. You are a fantastic age with lots of levels ahead of you. Enjoy it to the fullest, and if you like gardening at the tender age that you are then that is marvellous.

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic Of
When you say or think about gardening you would imagine old people tending to their gardens but the fact is that this hobby is for every age. Of course most garden owners are old but if you're young and have a passion for it that's just wonderful, Imagine when you're old you're gonna be the most experienced gardener ever :D

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I started learning about agriculture when I was in highschool probably when I was fourteen years old. I do teach my kids how to weed, which is part of gardening. As long the young ones can follow instructions then they can be given some work to do. I know that you can learn more about gardening despite your age.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
22 in December, but gardening steadily since 15. Always have had a green thumb, from houseplants and trees to veggies and fruits. I could not survive without caring for plants, I lived on a boat for the last two years, and always had a few succulents and houseplants to freshen things up! :)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I wanted to give this a bump; we have some new members, and I'm interested in knowing how old people were when they started gardening. Since this question leads to the answer to that question, I figured I'd pop this thread back up to the top. ;)

Also, I wanted to share something that happened to me the other day. :cry:

I was at a thrift store with a friend of mine. She is 26 years old. She was flipping through some 45 rpm records they had in a shoebox. I watched her, wondering if she even had access to a record player, when she asked me, "So... what are these, 8 tracks?"

:eek: :cry: :eek: :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I wanted to give this a bump; we have some new members, and I'm interested in knowing how old people were when they started gardening. Since this question leads to the answer to that question, I figured I'd pop this thread back up to the top. ;)

Also, I wanted to share something that happened to me the other day. :cry:

I was at a thrift store with a friend of mine. She is 26 years old. She was flipping through some 45 rpm records they had in a shoebox. I watched her, wondering if she even had access to a record player, when she asked me, "So... what are these, 8 tracks?"

:eek: :cry: :eek: :(
I often wonder if the world will survive or is it just me getting old or has knowledge completely eluded the young.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Time flies, Chuck.

If you think about it, the CD player was released commercially in (wait...looking...) :eek: 1982. Nine years before she was born!

When pressed, she did know what records were, just never knew they came in different sizes!! :LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Time flies, Chuck.

If you think about it, the CD player was released commercially in (wait...looking...) :eek: 1982. Nine years before she was born!

When pressed, she did know what records were, just never knew they came in different sizes!! :LOL:
How time flies. In 1982 I was growing tomatoes commercially and had about a dozen CD players in my tomato patch to help keep out the deer. Found out deer like music but hate the sound of dogs barking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProNailComplex

Latest Threads