Alcatraz?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
The ones out here are always white, and I assume wild ones generally are. But there are fancy bred ones nowadays in other colours, I've seen them in stores and at weddings :)
I think that white flowers are the prettiest, because they always look so clean and delicate. So if I had so many calla lillies growing in my area, I would love them to be white!:D
I will look for the lillies in diferent colors though, I'm curious what they look like:)

Reaction score
Haha, lol, it happens to me too, when I'm reading my old posts or English essays, I always wonder what was I thinking about when I was writing them. For example, I can't tell you how many times already I wrote "it" instead of "eat":p
Anyway, it would be so wonderful if all plants could be grown from cuttings, it would make everything so much easier:D

LOL!!! That very same thing is happening to me!!! I'm writing things in a very odd way lately, I actually have to re-read everything I write before I click on the post button, because it seems my brain is somewhat confused right now, Claudine :p I'm using english a lot on a daily basis because my work, that lately I've also been wondering if what I write in my own language is 100% correct, I'm talking about small things, of course... prepositions and such!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
LOL!!! That very same thing is happening to me!!! I'm writing things in a very odd way lately, I actually have to re-read everything I write before I click on the post button, because it seems my brain is somewhat confused right now, Claudine :p I'm using english a lot on a daily basis because my work, that lately I've also been wondering if what I write in my own language is 100% correct, I'm talking about small things, of course... prepositions and such!
So English isn't your first language? I was sure that it is!:)
I always re-read all my posts, with my special ability to make silly mistakes, I prefer not to take any risk:p
Especially writing about plants is confusing, because on a daily basis I don't use English words like "stems" or "tubers":p

Reaction score
No, it isn't :) It's very flattering to know you thought it was tho ;) Truth is I started learning it when I was 16 years old. My mother language is actually spanish. The difference between both languages is very big, sometimes it can be a bit confussing! I make the silliest mistakes as well :p like writing ''add'' when I intended to write ''has'', lol... :cry::censored::cautious: Same here :) But ever since I joined this forum, I've learnt a lot gardening vocabulary :D I was amazed at first, I had no idea I had been missing so many words in english all these years!
When did you start learning the language?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I started learning English in high school, so I was around 15 back then. I loved it from the very beginning. Before I started learning it, English had always seemed so mysterious to me. I remember wondering what 'the' means:p
And I completely agree, one of many great things about this forum is that we can learn gardening vocabulary here:D

Reaction score
I love the various hues I am seeing Calla lillies coming in. I don't recall this many different colors, but maybe it isthe difference in geography where I have lived. Does anyone know how highly these are bred and experimented with? The white is lovely, but again the color spectrum of late blows me away. I just saw a burgandy color that was gorgeous.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathandiaz

Latest Threads