Albizia saman with leaf miners

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
So my Albizia saman or raintree has been dealing with leaf miners(?) since it sprouted, or sometime around that. It never worried me, but now the problem's getting worse. Almost every leaf is covered in tunnels now. Will this affect the growth of the raintree? Also, how can I kill the leaf miners? Picture of the tree: View attachment 17372
The yellow lines are the suspected leaf miner tunnels.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The attachment seems to be missing from your post, could you try reuploading it please?

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Oops, here it is:
1489468150332617650420.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I'm not so sure that's leaf miner Vitalys. It looks more like Mosaic virus to me?
Oh, thanks for the info! But the leaves don't have lines until they grow bigger. Also, the plant isn't growing badly or stunted, which is supposedly a symptom.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I've grown cucumbers in the past that have suffered from Mosaic virus, they remained normal with no stunting and the leaves developed it as they matured. What do the back of the leaves look like please?

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Picture:
14900885153731803453518.jpg

There's also a leaf that has some whitefly stuff, but I killed the actual whiteflies a few weeks ago. (By stuff I mean the silky thing they stay in.)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Again, I think if it was leaf miner we would see more damage to the leaves and on the back of them. Perhaps it's worth asking the opinion of others. @Chuck and @zigs, any ideas on this please?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Again, I think if it was leaf miner we would see more damage to the leaves and on the back of them. Perhaps it's worth asking the opinion of others. @Chuck and @zigs, any ideas on this please?
IMO if it were miners the leaves would have brown margins. Also miners are a more or less a one time deal. A moth flies in, lays an egg, it hatches and the miner burrows into the leaf. This is just too prolific for miners. I agree with you, it is some type of virus.

Ask a Question