Can Samanea saman/rain tree survive in Mediterranean climate?

Reaction score
Country
Greece
1641492513913.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
I don't know for sure, but I think there is a chance. If you want to plant it, then plant it. Perhaps Samanea saman from seeds will be more adapted to your conditions.
Personally, I have some plants in my garden from more southern areas. According to the rules for the condition of their cultivation, they should have died long ago. But they live and even bloom.

Reaction score
Country
Greece
I don't know for sure, but I think there is a chance. If you want to plant it, then plant it. Perhaps Samanea saman from seeds will be more adapted to your conditions.
Personally, I have some plants in my garden from more southern areas. According to the rules for the condition of their cultivation, they should have died long ago. But they live and even bloom.

Thank you very much for your answer, unfortunately i can't find this plant available here (that's why i have second thoughts about it, i mean, they don't sell it because it doesn't last? who knows).

Ask a Question